Updated: Apr 23 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||The Woodlands, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Due to continued growth, several new exploration opportunities exist for Geologists, Geophysicists, or Geoscientists within Repsol USA. Repsol currently owns 110 exploratory leases and interest in 6 production leases for the Deepwater Gulf of Mexico as well as interest in 71 exploration leases for the Beaufort Sea and ownership of 93 leases in the Chukchi Sea. Repsol also has an interest in 165 onshore leases on the North Slope of Alaska in addition to a working interest in 7 deepwater licenses in Offshore Canada. This year to date working interest in approximately 20,000 leases in Oklahoma and Kansas has been acquired.
• Assist to define and high grade areas of exploration focus
• Geophysical interpretation and analysis
• Map and evaluate targeted areas
• Structural and stratigraphic interpretation of seismic data
• Participates in identification, ranking, leasing and drilling recommendations
• Remain current regarding evolving technology, trends and innovations. Provide recommendations related to application to current projects
• Work in multi-disciplined teams regarding exploration projects
• Prospect generation with input related to economics
• Prospect presentation
• Mentor less experienced
Major Discipline: Geophysics or Geology
Years Experience Required: Minimum 5 years Exploration experience in any of the following Deepwater Gulf of Mexico, Alaska, Louisiana, Latin America or Canada
Travel Required: possible depending on project work
Other: Strong Technical Abilities, 2D-3D Seismic interpretation, strong mapping capabilities, successful prospect generation, self starter with ability to work independently or as team member
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available