Turbo-Machinery Controls Engineer
Onstream Group - ASC International
Updated: Apr 23 2012
||Project Management, Controls Engineer, Project Engineer, MODBUS, OPC-DA, Greenfield, Brownfield
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||USD Gross Rate Per Day
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Resident Status in Houston. Location is Downtown area.
We operate a large numbers of critical machinery and process equipment in multiple onshore, offshore, and remote oil and gas facilities located in 13 Production Units throughout the world. The reliability and uptime of this machinery and equipment is key to us meeting the annual production stewardship and maximizing asset performance.
Concurrently, we are leading an Upstream initiative to achieve superior performance in the Upstream assets via effective and efficient utilization of Digital Technology in Asset Management (DTAM). The initiative requires implementation of strategies that will drive reliability, rate, and recovery improvements, realize resource efficiencies, and position with us for the future.
Several initiatives have been identified to improve and sustain machinery reliability. One of these initiatives is to implement a UEHM solution to the most critical group of machinery equipment (identified as Top Tier Machinery or TTM) operated in all Producing Units brownfield facilities. This solution is intended to provide an advanced and effective surveillance, troubleshooting, and analysis tool to both engineering and operations personnel to help drive equipment reliability and uptime by performing physical tie-in of all identified TTM and performing modelling to assist with the following:
• Advanced Machinery Surveillance
• Automatic Event Capturing and Archiving
• Alarm Notifications via Email, Text, Phone Call, etc.
• Real Time Data Access and Trending
• Root Cause Failure Analysis
• Failure Prediction
• Preventative Maintenance
This DTAM Foundation Program - UEHM Global Roll-out is being developed to address machinery reliability improvement needs and set the foundational elements for the DTAM initiative. The solutions developed by this project will be deployed to existing ''core and enhance'' production assets (i.e. brownfield sites), as well as implementation of the UEHM system (via FEED / EPC process) for new facility builds (i.e. Greenfield projects).
Degree: Electrical or Mechanical Engineering / Machinery Controls Engineer
Must have Operator experience
Required Skill Set (Mandatory):
1. Minimum of five (5) years of experience in EPC project management / execution for oil and gas industry (offshore and onshore facilities) for the Upstream (FEED, Detailed Design, Construction, Commissioning, and Startup / Handover) for both Greenfield and Brownfield projects, with more emphasis on skillset required to execute Greenfield Projects).
2. In-depth understanding in both operation and configuration of turbomachinery control packages (including, but not limited to, Gas Turbine Generators and Gas Turbine Compressors) associated with General Electric (GE), Solar, Rolls-Royce, and Compressor Control Corporation (CCC).
3. Familiar with the products and services within the turbo-machinery industry.
4. Experience in working in contractual environments (capability to interpret and work within EPC contract boundaries associated with delivering the UEHM system).
5. Possess clear & proven understanding and involvement in project control procedures, including scheduling, cost control, monitoring, and execution.
6. Possess clear & proven understanding and involvement in activities related to multidisciplinary construction / commissioning activities, emanating from basic engineering, and application of international standards for Brownfield / Greenfield EPC projects
7. Possess proven track record in effective communication with team members / contractors / suppliers, effective writing skills, negotiations, and overall client relations management during EPC project execution.
8. Effecting Project Reporting Skills
9. Innovative and dynamic with effective communication skills, especially in inter-cultural aspects.
10. Pleasant disposition/dynamic personality and able to work under fast-paced, demanding environment & tight deadlines
11. Proven ability to deal with all levels of associates and customers, both internally and externally.
Required Skill Set (Optional):
1. Knowledgeable in additional turbomachinery control packages associated Steam Turbines, Centrifugal Compressors, Reciprocating Compressors, Turbo-expanders, and critical pumps.
2. Basic Electrical Principals (Electrical Load Calculations)
1. Basic understanding of communications systems (fiber optics, Ethernet cabling, etc.)
2. Basic understanding of MODBUS and OPC-DA communications protocols.
3. Familiar with major international standards and codes for design and construction.
4. Familiar with various HMI software and DCS systems (Emerson DeltaV, Siemens PCS, Yokagawa, etc).
It will be necessary for Contractor to travel both domestically and internationally to various EPC Contractor and existing Brownfield locations (onshore and offshore).
Must be eligible to work in the USA.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available