Updated: Jul 10 2012
||Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer, Offshore, FPSO, FEED, topside, platform, sizing, System, Engineer, Design
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Lead Control Systems Engineer (Midstream/Pipeline) ~ N. Houston, TX
In need of an experienced Control Systems Engineer with 1020 years of experience in the O&G industry, with recent/strong midstream / pipeline (onshore/offshore) project experience.
- Candidate must have recent experience with Honeywell DCS, Wonderware System Platform, and Allen Bradley PLCs.
- The candidate also needs to be capable of producing Control Narrative and Cause & Effect documents.
- He/she will also be familiar with SIS (Safety Instrumented Systems).
- Must be a degreed Engineer; candidate that has a Texas PE a plus (or is able and willing to get PE license in reasonable amount of time).
- Experience Should Encompass: Knowledge (sizing and selection) of all field instrument/control systems hardware; development of instrument specifications for field & control room devices; specification of DCS, SIS, F&G, and PLC systems; development of Cause & Effect diagrams; ability to produce/write Control Narratives; safecharts; etc.; and basic understanding of instrument design interfaces.
- Other Miscellaneous Skills: Automated Valves (Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Electric); Pressure Relief Valves, Analyzers, Fire & Gas detectors and systems, ICSS, Metering Systems, C&Es, Instrument Index, IO Assignment, Instrument Hookups, Instrument Supports, I&C Interface with Packages, Cable Block Diagrams, etc.
- Direct hire preferred for this position
- Base Rate: Open (DOE)
Lead I&C Engineer ~ Houston, TX
- Currently recruiting for a Lead Instrument and Controls (I&C) Engineer for our Houston office.
- The Lead Instrument and Controls (I&C) Engineer will perform instrumentation and control engineering functions for FPSO and other offshore applications. Function as either support lead or lead in a project, and interface with other disciplines, project management, and client.
- The Lead Instrument and Controls (I&C) Engineer reports to the Engineering Project Manager, and plans and manages Instrument Engineering and Design for FPSO projects.
- I&C experience should include previous offshore engineering lead experience consisting of the following: specifying control systems hardware and field instruments, Automated Valves (Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Electric) Pressure Relief Valves, Analyzers, Fire and Gas detectors and systems, ICSS, Metering Systems, C&Es, writing Control Narratives, Instrument Index, IO Assignment, Instrument Hookups, Instrument Supports, I&C Interface with Packages, Cable Block Diagrams, Cable Schedule, Instrument and F&G Layouts, and Termination & Loop Drawings.Requirements:
- Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Instrumentation) with preference given to candidates having an advanced degree.
- Candidates should also have 7 years of related experience with offshore structures, including lead roles on both FEED and detailed engineering for FPSOs, etc.
- Experience should encompass: knowledge (sizing and selection) of all field instrumentation; development of instrument specifications for field and control room devices; specification of DCS, SIS, F&G, and PLC systems; leading a small team of engineers and designers; development of cause and effect diagrams, safecharts, control narratives, etc.; and basic understanding of instrument design interfaces.
- Candidates must have handson experience with Intools, in modules: Index, Specs, Calculation and Process Data.
- Yard engineering support experience preferred.
- Excellent benefits, tremendous opportunities for qualified professionals, and competitive salary and benefits packages** (3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, 401(k) Plan, 41/2 Day Work week, AD&D, Bonus Plan, Education Reimbursement Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Medical and Dental Plans, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance and Employee Stock Purchase Plan). **subject to employment status
- Visa Candidates Considered Yes
- Experienced with the OFFSHORE STRUCTURES division of the EPC companies
- Position Type: Perm
- Annual Salary: 140150K
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available