Talisman Energy Services Inc. (TESI) is a services company located in The Woodlands, Texas. TESI is a subsidiary of Talisman Energy Inc., a diversified, upstream oil and gas company with headquarters in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. TESI provides various support services to Talisman Energy Inc. and its subsidiaries globally. Talisman Energy Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to the health, safety, and security of their employees, contractors, and communities; and work to ensure their operations are carried out safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. Talisman Energy Inc. is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (North America) and its Company shares trade on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges as TLM. Visit Talisman Energy Inc. on the internet at www.talisman-energy.com.
Job Title: Regional Global Mobility Specialist
Req ID: 7142
Location: Houston , United States
Employment Type: Permanent
Closing Date: May 5, 2012
Global Mobility provides strategic and consultative Global Mobility services to the business, including full lifecycle support for Talisman employees on short and long-term assignment, domestic and international relocation for new hires, and new country entry support.
The Global Mobility Regional Specialist is accountable for building relationships with country managers, line managers, and HR Business Partners. This role will be part of the regional HR team supporting the US and Latin America and will be part of the Global Mobility Centre of Expertise supporting Mobility policy development. This role will report to the Exploration HR Manager in Houston and functionally to the Leader of the Global Mobility CoE. This position will also need to work closely with other process partners, such as Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Legal and Employment Tax.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
- As Regional Mobility Specialist for Houston and Latin America:
- Provide global mobility subject matter expertise and strategic advisory support to HR representatives, and business line managers during assignment planning process, advising on appropriate assignment structure, terms and conditions
- Develop and maintain an in depth understanding of specific regional business needs to ensure that the business maximizes their mobility investments and identify strategies for reducing overall assignment costs
- Resolve employee issue escalations and manage escalated exception requests from Global Mobility Service Representatives, HRBPs and other partners
- Prepare Global Mobility program metrics and strategic reporting analysis for regional business leaders, HRBPs and the Global Mobility CoE
- Proactively work with business and HRBPs to provide guidance in the management of the end of an assignment
As part of the Global Mobility CoE:
- Support the development and continuous improvement of Talisman's Global Mobility program by working together with the Regional Global Mobility Specialists and internal stakeholders to develop, govern and maintain Global Mobility policies terms and conditions
- Lead the global implementation of new and/or updated Mobility policies
- Have an excellent understanding of the market and leading industry practices in global mobility to respond to changing industry practices, regulatory requirements and business priorities and ensure Talisman's Global Mobility programs and policies remain market competitive
- Gather feedback from Regional Global Mobility Specialists, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition and Total Rewards to ensure that Global Mobility programs and policies are aligned and integrated with Talisman's business strategy as well as Global HR strategy and programs
- Liaise with all involved parties supporting the execution of a new country entry or exit and lead the development or alignment of Global Mobility policies to support the deployment of employees to these new locations
Education, Experience, Technical Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree with experience in Human Resources or HR related certificate
- 10 + years experience within an advisory role in global mobility or 10+ years in similar HR function, dealing with relocation, mobility policies, and/or expatriate and international assignments
- Experience developing and implementing global policies
- Ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships, including a network of contacts within Talisman (across business units and geographies)
- Business partnering, coaching and influencing skills
- Strong decision making, problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Customer service focus and strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work in a time sensitive environment
- Quality and results orientation with a strong attention to detail
- Awareness of quality control, risk, and compliance issues
- Project management of global policy implementation is considered an asset
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in the United States of America will be considered.
- Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
Employment Type: PERMANENT