Updated: Apr 20 2012
||Associates/2 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
At Nexen, it's not just what we do that makes us a leader in our industry it's how we do it. Nexen is a Canadian-based energy company with international assets. We're building a sustainable future with our unconventional resource developments and world-class operations. From oil sands, coalbed methane and shale gas in North America to the deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea, offshore West Africa and the Middle East, Nexen is at the forefront of industry innovation and development.
We've earned a global reputation for doing the right thing, giving us the edge in many challenging locations around the world. Our company cares. That means we build relationships with stakeholders based on integrity and open dialogue. And, we strive to minimize the impact of our activities on communities and the natural environment. We do all we can to ensure our employees and contractors go home safely at the end of every work day. Our workplace is exciting, challenging and fun. We encourage initiative and welcome innovative ideas from everyone at any level. We're a company you can believe in.
Nexen has over 3,800 employees worldwide and is listed on both the New York and Toronto stock exchanges.
A key mandate of the Resource Development Team is to deliver best-in-class wellpads in terms of SESR and budgetary benchmarks, while meeting project objectives. The Surface Development Superintendent will be accountable for all aspects of surface (earthworks) development in support of sustaining wellpads, water well tie-ins, and strat well programs.
The Surface Development Superintendent assumes responsibility for the planning, financial controls, and all administrative aspects of lease construction operations providing leadership in achieving the goals of constructing well and wellpad locations safely that are fit for purpose and add value to the corporation.
• Construction Director, Project Delivery, Resource Development;
• SO Drilling Manager & Team, TOS;
• Lead Facilities Engineer, Resource Development Project Delivery;
• Supply Management Team Lead, Resource Development Project Delivery;
• Construction and Commissioning Manager, Resource Development Project Delivery;
• Legal Counsel;
• Engineering Vendor Team.
• Communicate and coordinate as required with key stakeholders, such as Surface Land, Geology, Production, Abandonment & Reclamations, and other Drilling personnel within the group to effectively plan and execute the lease construction projects;
• Recruit competent and qualified contract personnel for lease construction supervision. These personnel must meet minimum company requirements in knowledge and understanding with respect to the environment, safety, and heavy equipment capabilities, company policies and procedures, and all applicable regulatory requirements pertaining to the lease construction activities. IRP 7 assessments must be completed for each supervisor on an annual basis to satisfy regulatory requirements and provide each individual with some performance feedback;
• Liaise with government agencies to ensure all regulations and best practices are being employed while constructing access roads and lease locations;
• Monitor and evaluate field personnel, contractor's equipment, and services with respect to efficiency and cost;
• Actively manage lease construction contracts to ensure fair value is being received for equipment and services recognizing market conditions and Nexen's overall drilling activity level;
• Assume the Cost Manager role for all lease construction projects in SAP, ensuring they are accurate and up to date;
• Handle critical daily tasks outlined below:
o Service Entry Approval;
o Review Daily Costs in DIMS;
o Invoice Reconciliation;
o Cost Reports;
o Satisfy all accountabilities as stipulated for the Cost Manager role;
• Actively participate in monitoring vendor performance;
• Evaluate vendor's performance at least on a quarterly basis and meet with vendor's senior representatives to discuss operational concerns, past performance and future drilling activity as it relates to their services;
• Coordination of vendor bids with Supply Management group;
• Manage lease construction using a construction superintendent to ensure wellsite locations are constructed to minimum specifications for proposed rig and meet or exceed all regulatory requirements;
• Schedule wellsite location construction to ensure they are rig ready to avoid any delays for rig mobilization;
• Direct field construction personnel to ensure equipment availability and appropriate lease construction sequence for Business Unit's objectives for exploration and field development;
• Direct day-to-day constructions operations to ensure they are conducted in a safe, efficient, environmentally and cost effective manner.
• Technologist Diploma or higher in Civil Construction would be an asset;
• Minimum 5 years of relevant civil design experience, 5 years civil construction hands on experience, 5 years in a leadership/project management role;
• Experience could be concurrent but minimum 10 years total.
Nexen Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
No agency or telephone inquiries please.
Only resumes of candidates being considered will be acknowledged.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available