Updated: Apr 19 2012
||Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Mafumeira Sul Project (MSP) is a multi-billion dollar project that encompasses the Mafumeira Field in Angola, Africa, with future potential developments tying into the systems. The fields are located offshore in up to 200 foot water depth with complex facilities including approximately 5 platforms, 75 miles of subsea pipelines, subsea electrical cables, LPG recovery, Gas compression, Oil separation and treatment systems, water treatment and injection systems, wells, and water flooding. The facilities will produce up to 140,000 Bbl oil/day and 350 MMSCFD gas. Function as a member of the MSP Project Team and provide Process Engineering expertise during detailed engineering phase of the Mafumeira Sul Project.
• Provide technical support for all process related issues pertaining to the design, procurement, and construction of the new Central Processing Complex (CPC) including both the Production and Processing Platform (PPP) and the Living Quarters Platform (LQP). Also provide leadership and technical direction for the process discipline in the design of the Wellhead Platforms (WHP). Such technical support includes reviewing engineering contractor deliverables to ensure design specifications and industry standards are met, support equipment package development, develop process studies, etc.
• Actively supports use of safe work processes and procedures (company and contractor).
• Interface with other departments and disciplines to ensure process design meets with their needs and requirements.
• Check and contribute to engineering/construction man-hour estimates, schedules and progress reports. Develop and/or amend process scope of works, scope of services and any other documentation as required to fulfill project requirements.
• Make technical decisions, ensuring coordination, quality and conformance with Project contract requirements. Participate in project quality assurance reviews (HAZID, HAZOP, etc.) and implement approved corrective actions to issues raised.
• Travels to shop sites, contractor sites or vendors works to provide technical input as and when required. Makes records of visits with clear and concise reporting.
BS preferred or equivalent experience BSc (UK)
• 7+ years experience in oil and gas industry.
• Must have expertise in upstream process design from conceptual through detailed design, preferably for offshore production platforms.
• Experience in oil dehydration and LPG processing is a plus.
• Must have experience using HYSYS and developing P&IDs. Experience in using Pipephase and HTRI is a plus.
• Familiarity with Company processes for executing Capital Projects and Production Operations is a plus.
• Understanding of interface management, risk management and management of change.
• Willing to travel internationally if required.
• Must speak English fluently.
Work Location & Travel
This position will be based in Houston through to completion of detailed engineering in mid to late 2013. Following this, there is a possibility to transition to a Project Engineer role (residential) at the fabrication yard in Korea until late 2014 and thereafter offshore Angola for the HUC campaign (rotational) until late 2015.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available