||Catering, Operations Manager, basic/advance supervisory training, cooking/baking or culinary cert , communication, safety first
||Based on Experience
||GOM, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Title: Field Manager
Immediate Supervisor: VP Operations
The Field Manager is responsible for the overall operation and performance of the catering staff and the satisfaction of the customer aboard each job location under their supervision. They are expected to professionally manage, lead, and train the catering staff in achieving the highest level of food service support operations while incorporating HSE Policy and Procedures. Field Managers are tasked with ensuring that their operational sites maintain a safe, professional, quality, efficient, and profitable operation and be knowledgeable in menu cycle preparation (nutritional standards) as set forth by client requirements.
The Field Manager's duties include the oversight of several remote-site locations in which they are required to conduct regularly scheduled site visits (at least once per month for each location) to obtain client feedback, conduct crew assessments (performance and safety), and provide goal oriented tasks designed to continually enhance the operations. They are to maintain regular phone and electronic contact with their units to ensure company established standards are maintained on a weekly/daily basis and be knowledgeable of the unit and staff operations. Field Managers are expected to remain current on all "ServSafe" and HACCP training and procedures necessary to ensure operational sites are in compliance. They are to coordinate all crew change and staffing requirements with the dispatcher and responsible for maintaining crew stability.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Safety-Conduct a minimum of one safety meeting per visit with all of the staff to insure that all safety standards are in place and in use.
2. Training-Conduct on site inspections of all the staff to insure that all of the proper training has been met and that they have the documentation on them.
a. Insure personnel are equipped with proper personal protective equipment, including hard hat, safety glasses, steel toed shoes, and gloves when unloading groceries.
b. Provide guidance on JSA Procedures, Safety Alerts, and task specific procedures.
3. Supervise the proper handling and storage of food and waste items to prevent any cross contamination or encourage the growth of bacteria.
4. Instruct and supervise catering employees in emergency response actions, including waking crews, muster stations, lifeboat assignments and duties.
5. Consult with the Captain, O.I.M., Safety Officer, and Radio Operator to obtain latest information regarding drills, weather and policies.
a. Must be knowledgeable in Job Descriptions and Standard Operating Procedures, to be able to set in place the above-mentioned if not already established.
b. Must be able to step into any position at any point of time when needed.
6. Once established Company wide, work with the site supervisor on crew changes, scheduling, time sheets and all new policies that have been set in place.
7. Proper communication with the dispatcher on all crew changes for personnel coming and going which has been established as permanent residents.
Enforce all company and customer policies including
1. Personal Hygiene
3. Crew Change Scheduling
4. Telephone Usage
5. Meal Hours & Break Times
6. Ship board policies; including smoking and room assignments
7. Emergency Response
8. On Board Job Descriptions (S.O.P.'S)
1. Create weekly menu plan and cleaning list with the Steward
2. Develop product list for Baker
3. Take weekly stock of all food products, cleaning supplies, and paper products.
4. Supervise the proper storage and placements of all groceries
5. Submit damage and shortage reports forms.
1. Have knowledge of all the paper work for each job site.
2. Establish a par for each job according to P.O.B levels.
3. Submit an accurate inventory of all ship stores.
4. Conduct and submit an on site inspection of all job locations upon boarding.
5. Completion and submission of weekly paper work of each job.
1. Check with the O.I.M, Medic, Radio Operator, and Company Man while on board, at least once per day for any complaints, special instructions, needs, or wants on behalf of the customer
2. Insure that all catering personnel are given proper orientation, tour of the workspace, and copy of their Job Descriptions prior to going onTower
3. Make sure each employee understands what is expected of their job performance, and the consequences of not performing that job
4. Explain the proper Chain of Command to each employee and make sure they understand who to talk to first, and which avenue to pursue next.
5. Keep an open door policy with the employees to encourage communication and efficiency in developing employees
6. Inspection of all workplaces to insure cleanliness. This must include accommodation rooms, TV room, lounges, and hallways, change rooms, locker rooms, offices and elevator.
7. Inspection of galley, dinning room, and storage facilities to insure cleanliness. This must include walk-in coolers and freezers, dry storage rooms, dinning areas, dining room equipment, galley equipment, and exhaust hoods. Insure all foods in coolers are covered, labeled and dated for use within company guidelines.
8. Maintain proper communication with the office and job-site, calling them when a problem arises, or to discuss routine situations.
9. Check the serving line prior to every meal to insure proper presentation and quality.
10. Give the Executive Steward 100% backing and insure that he/she has all of the tools available to perform their task.
11. While on board assist with the preparation of at least one meal to insure that it is of the highest quality.
1. High school graduate (minimum) with some College preferred
2. Basic/Advanced supervisory training
3. Training in sanitation, personal hygiene, safety, and prevention of foodborne illness.
4. Minimum of three years experience in supervising, cooking/baking or culinary certificate equivalent.
5. Basic knowledge or training in the proper use of cleaning chemicals and household pesticides.
1. Excellent cooking/baking skills, menu and nutritional planning
2. Good supervisory skills.
3. Good communication skills.
4. Reading, writing, and math skills.
5. Good organization skills.
6. Training/Motivational skills.
Measurements for Performance:
1. Operational profitability.
2. Customer relations and client satisfaction.
3. Crew stability.
4. Safety record.
5. Employee relations.
6. Training initiative to enhance performance skills
7. Job performance assessment.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available