Shell Canada Limited
Updated: Apr 19 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- This is a technology deployment and application position within a team focused on delivery of new microseismic geophysical technology and products to the E&P business.
- Thorough knowledge of microseismic acquisition,processing and workflows eg microseismic theory,survey design,event detection and location.
- Reasonable knowledge of seismic processing tools and workflows,VSP processing and depth imaging techniques as well as seismic QI tools and workflows eg well log cross-plotting,AvO theory.
- Deliver best in class Microseismic Processing,Seismic Processing,Quantitative Interpretation (QI) to asset/exploration teams,leverage the strengths of Shell technology with third party additions as needed. Across the range of processing,imaging and QI,assist in developing a knowledge base of specialized tools and techniques.
- Contribute to implementation of new onshore Geophysical technologies,deployed in support of assets/plays. Analyze Microseismic data as needed with the goal of integrating them into the QI workflows and interpretation approaches.
- Effective interaction with seismic interpreters (SI),Quantitative Interpretation,Seismic Processing,Research and staff is part of the job as is interfacing with the world outside Shell including gathering and using competitive intelligence to bring in ideas and contractor contributions.
- Progress and results are communicated to customers / partners on a regular agreed upon basis and concluded with final reports and closeout.
- Understanding of seismic acquisition processing and interpretation methods will be an aid to understanding of technical project needs and business impact.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Degree in Geophysics or a related discipline such as Geomechanics, Petroleum Engineering, Physics, Engineering Physics or Electrical Engineering from a recognized university.
- Member of APEGGA, or eligible for registration with APEGGA.
- Technical professional with 5-15 years of experience in seismic quantitative interpretation.
- Experience in research and technology development and it's deployment would be an asset.
- Well developed inter-personal and communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team with broad range of customers across the EP business, in a variety of locations.
- Excellent team player, able to mentor, coach and inspire less experienced team members.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available