Updated: Oct 9 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
CEPSA is an integrated energy company operating at each stage of the oil value chain, with nearly 12.000 employees worldwide. Among others, it is engaged in petroleum and natural gas exploration and production activities, with several blocks in five countries at the moment: Spain, Algeria, Colombia, Egypt and Peru.
In the last few years, CEPSA Exploration & Production, headquartered in Madrid (Spain), has quadrupled its staff, and employs today around 650 people worldwide. The company is now gradually broadening its international presence and investing in E&P activities, strongly supported by IPIC (Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Investment Company), which in 2011 became the sole shareholder of Cepsa.
Our main lines of action for the near future will focus on strengthening our position in the sector, and we therefore intend to reinforce our presence in new geographical areas with high development potential, with the goal of achieving a significant increase in net entitlement reserves
In order to achieve our goals, we are currently looking for high quality professionals, who are able to make a difference and ready to work in an integrated and multicultural team. We offer a competitive salary package and genuine opportunities for career development.
The SENIOR PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGIST will be based in Madrid, integrated into the EOR/IOR Geoscience Team.
• Provide high quality technical support, advice and QC on all production aspects of EOR/IOR projects in CEPSA E.P.
• Participate and supervise engineering work in well performance analysis, water conformance and production and injection optimization related with EOR/IOR projects.
• Control and supervise the proper integration of all available data (fluids, pressures, artificial lift performance, well completion, production logs and well integrity) into well models for well performance studies.
• Participate in the proposal and planning of production and injection wells related with EOR/IOR.
• Evaluate the production performance including associated risk assessment for current installation, as well advantages and limitations of new well technology proposed for optimizing oil production
• Participate in the reservoir performance evaluation and impact of well deliverability on proper reservoir drainage for EOR/IOR processes.
• Apply geomechanical modelling for well orientations, sanding studies and stress profiling
• Communicate technical results of evaluations and studies to EOR/IOR Team Leader and functional management
• Provide technical supervision to less experienced production technologists. Mentor, coach and train junior colleagues in production well analysis, work flows and best practices
• Minimum bachelor degree in Production Engineer, preferably MSc or higher
• More than 10 years' experience in Production Technology, preferably with a background in stimulation techniques or EOR/IOR.
• Proficiency in production engineering techniques and tools
• Knowledge in specific production disciplines: well productivity, completions and artificial lift
• Good knowledge of relevant software packages (DSS, Prosper, GAP)
• Knowledge of designing well stimulation treatments (acidizing, fracturing, water shutoff)
• Knowledge on surface fluid flow and treatment facilities, related with stimulation or EOR/IOR applications.
• Data management and lessons learned system
• Good communication and relationship skills, both inside and outside the company
• Good coordination and supervisory abilities to interact with junior colleagues and other EP disciplines
• Working knowledge in English is essential, knowledge of Spanish will be well regarded
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available