BP International Ltd
Updated: Apr 18 2012
||Petroleum Engineering, Production Engineering, completions, production
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
North America Gas (NAG) Overview: Operating across a vast U.S. geography, from the onshore U.S. Gulf Coast north through the Rocky Mountains, BP's North America Gas business has one of the best portfolios in the industry with 8 bn boe of resources and a presence in 6 of the top 13 gas basins. Headquartered in Houston, NA Gas has about 2,200 employees across seven states and operates more than 10,000 producing wells. Our vision is to be the most respected and admired oil and gas company in the Lower 48 US while expanding long term value and providing a platform for growth for BP.
The Completions Engineer is accountable for the engineering activity covering planning, completion design, and developing the plan of execution for completions operations within the Wells Team. The Completions Engineer reports to the Completions Engineering Team Leader.
Success is dependent on leveraging the collective efforts of some of the most experienced technical experts in the world. Working with a multi-disciplinary team, you will deliver detailed completions designs and programs for oil and gas wells. The role is based in Houston but will require travel (up to 25% of the time) to our varied field locations within NA Gas.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- With a strong commitment to HSSE, you will take responsibility for planning and executing completions well design programs.
- Prepare well testing / completions programs, including equipment specification and selection, flow modelling and stress analysis.
- Optimize hydraulic frac designs in Coal bed methane, tight gas, and shale reservoirs by utilizing historical analysis and frac design software.
- Prepare cost estimates and reconcile against actuals for completions activities.
- Awareness and involvement in new completions technologies, with appropriate incorporation into designs and work programs.
- Evaluate the execution of completion programs and operational performance.
- Ensure completion programs, program amendments, and deviations are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed.
- Liaise with sub-surface and production teams to ensure completion designs are fit for purpose.
- Implement best practices as identified in engineering and operational studies.
- Perform post-analysis and benchmarking studies; incorporate learnings into future completions programs.
- Assure adequate third party quality assurance and quality control.
- Recommend and conduct engineering studies to improve completions operational performance.
- Ensure appropriate assurance and review of the completion design and work plan.
- Coach and mentor less experienced Completions Engineers to ensure appropriate technical development.
- Provide operational and technical support to onsite Completions Well Site Leaders.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available