Posted:Apr 18 2012
||Drilling Consultant, Drilling Superintendent, Well Control
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
A privately held exploration and production company, Hunt Oil has successfully conducted worldwide petroleum operations for over 75 years, and is one of the world's leading independent energy companies. The mission of Hunt Oil Company is to be a growth-oriented industry leader respected throughout the world for the quality and competency of its people, the efficiency and scope of its operations, and its rich heritage of honesty and integrity. We are currently looking for a Sr. Drilling Engineer in our Dallas to join our team.
Hunt's exploration and production drilling activity encompasses the US onshore in several legacy fields as well as participation in key developing unconventional resource plays, with emphasis in North Dakota, South Texas, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. Hunt is also active in the US Gulf of Mexico, holding leases and producing fields on the shelf, and conventional onshore fields in Texas and Louisiana. Hunt has been awarded numerous leases in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. Hunt is also present in several international areas including offshore Australia, the Middle East, South America, and other high potential areas. A small team of Drilling Engineers are responsible for all drilling related activities on a project by project basis. The Company will drill a wide variety of wells each year and currently has four land rigs and one barge rig under contract. Working with our internal ''clients'', the Senior Drilling Engineer will generally have responsibility for two to three projects at a time, and will take each project from design through implementation.
- Direct and supervise drilling operations in a manner that will ensure continued safety and profitability. In this regard he will:
- Engineer and manage operational implementation of drilling projects for new wells, and in consultation with well completions engineers, design safe and efficient completions, workovers, and stimulations
- Manage the contracting process for rigs and services
- Lead, manage, and coordinate day to day planning and operations with drilling foremen or consultants and contractors related to assigned projects, ensuring cost effective and efficient performance
- Ensure that operations are conducted in a safe and environmentally sound manner
- Maintain effective communications throughout the drilling and well completions departments, and with ''internal clients'' ensuring project coordination within the company
- Establish measurement criteria for operations and regularly and systematically appraise and evaluate results against these standards
- Participate in the development of short and long term objectives and capital and expense budgets ensuring compatibility with and support of overall company goals and objectives
- Review and, as necessary, recommend and administer policies and procedures that govern the manner in which drilling activity is conducted and controlled
- Maintain high standards of technical competence in drilling engineering, keeping abreast of new trends, techniques, and technology in drilling engineering and drilling operations
- Work closely with contractors ensuring effective performance and cost control
- Keep the Vice President Drilling and other key management personnel informed of relevant conditions and activities that may have impact on the operations or the drilling department
The Senior Drilling Engineer will be an organized and disciplined individual with a reputation for integrity, maturity, and sound business judgment. This individual's well-developed written and verbal communication skills will enable the successful candidate to clearly and concisely carry out programs, increase performance, and implement strategic decisions that will add value for the company.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required
- Minimum of 10 years experience in well planning and drilling engineering, with demonstrated knowledge of drilling safety and well control principles, environmental regulations, and field operations
- The successful candidate may have started his career in a drilling capacity with a major integrated company building a solid technical foundation, and later moved to an independent exploration and production company broadening his perspective and span of influence.
- The candidate's experience profile should include US land and gulf coast (or analogous geologic basins) drilling engineering, with offshore, international, and unconventional resource experience considered significant pluses
- Must posses the ability to direct and influence a team of internal and contractor personnel toward delivery of expected results and performance
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available