Updated: Nov 11 2012
||Mechanical Engineering, Upstream Industry, SACS and API Codes
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Overall Job Responsibilities
The Junior Mechanical Engineer position is ideal for the fairly new engineering professional that wants to actively participate in deeply technical role while participating within a cross functional high energy team. This role will work closely within a project team developing the engineering deliverables. This role will be very appealing to engineers who want to closely see their work product through construction. The ideal candidate is diligent and self motivated with attention to detail. This position is based in the Energy Corridor of West Houston.
This role is with a professional engineering company duly licensed and registered in the State of Texas offering services to the upstream oil & gas sector. The founders are passionate engineering professions and still actively engaged in the business. They provide project management, front end engineering, facilities engineering, and detailed engineering for domestic and international projects.
The Company is constantly looking for professionals with the desire to succeed. Their emphasis on value added engineering differentiates them from our competitors. You will enjoy a relaxed and pleasant work environment, excellent opportunities for advancement, and an attractive compensation package,
Detailed Job Responsibilities
In this role, you'll be utilizing your technical engineering expertise to provide the following support:
• Evaluates mechanical systems by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
• Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods;
• Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
• Develops conceptual/preliminary designs to meet customer requirements and to provide a basis for bidding contracts.
• Performs analysis and detailed design of upstream structures including jackets, decks, helidecks, vent booms, bridges and production modules for inplace, construction, loadout, transportation and lift loadings.
• Coordinates with other engineering disciplines to incorporate requirements at an early stage and provide cost effective, clash free designs
• Provides input and coordinate the work of designers in the preparation of approved for construction drawings.
• Reviews and check all drawings prior to construction issue
• Participates in constructability reviews and alter designs as appropriate to maximize construction productivity
• Performs other duties as assigned.
BS in Engineering with two years of related experience, preferably in the oil industry or similar process industry.
Minimum of two years structural / mechanical engineering experience including upstream projects.
ROLE SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE:
Basic knowledge of SACS, API Codes with other codes as a plus. Microsoft Office is necessary.
The ideal candidate will meet basic and preferred qualifications. Preferred qualifications include:
• Basic knowledge of SACS or other offshore structural design software
• Familiarity with upstream engineering/fabrication practices and trends
• Demonstrate good organization and project planning skills.
• Ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports.
• Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available