The Procurement Manager - Onshore Production is a new position involved in sourcing services such as water management (acquisition, transfer, storage, treatment, testing and disposal), equipment, maintenance, and communications. As new production commences, this role will ensure all services are provided at an appropriate pace to optimize speed with commercial leverage and sound practice.
• Work within a cross functional team (business, finance, HSE, legal) as well as the appropriate Category Managers to define Shell's requirements, risks, constraints and market value to understand market capability; combine these information sources as input to executing a category strategy and setting priorities.
• Serve as key focal point for a key asset in the Oil and Gas portfolio.
• Work with other team members to ensure the implementation of the highest value strategy without compromise to business continuity.
• Drive increased contractor performance management with a specific focus on improved HSE and local content performance, service quality, and delivery lead times.
• Ensure compliance with contracting and procurement processes, procedures, and business controls (including Shell Group Business Principles and Export Compliance)
• This role must maintain close coordination with Contract and Procurement staff in Logistics to optimize transport activity.
• Ability to engage stakeholders across a broad technical, commercial, geographical, and organizational base.
• Ability to embrace ambiguity as circumstances encountered may be atypical and job requirements and dimensions will need to adjust accordingly.
• Ensure understanding and alignment of proposed supply strategies within the Contract and Procurement community.
• Maintain business continuity while implementing new global or regional strategies to support the diverse geographic area with a largely centralized procurement model.
• Assist in the cycle time reduction of bringing any new assets into the Shell model and assist in the stabilization of the new processes.
• Strategy development and contract management for over 100 regional and local contracts with total combined contract portfolio value of at least $400 million.
• Develop local category strategies and management of contracts across the Onshore Gas South portfolio.
• Coordinate activities with Finance, Materials Management, Logistics, and HSE functional representatives.
• Interact with Asset Managers, Operations Managers, HSE, Finance, and Project Managers to develop category strategies and deliver contract management.
• Lead regional category and local contract management teams, including appropriate coordination across Upstream and/or global categories.
• Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
• Bachelor's degree required, Supply Chain Management preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years Contract and Procurement experience in Oil and Gas, Upstream preferred.
• Must know the Supply Chain lifecycle.
• Must be able to develop and implement commercial strategies.
• Must have experience with SAP and MS Office.
• Prior experience with the Water Management industry preferred.
• Experience working in the Marcellus Shale or Eagle Ford fields preferred.
• Experience in category management preferred.
• Professional certification in Supply Management (i.e. APICS, CSI, Construction Specifications Institute).
• Proven track record of working in regional and virtual teams across multiple disciplines.
• Demonstrated ability and skills to engage and influence stakeholders.
• Ability to build the strategy and delivery teams and to achieve business goals.
• Demonstrates drive and determination to achieve success while being a self-motivator who sets clear direction and priorities.
• Ability to Influence and Motivate.
• Ability to work in a highly matrix organization.
• Strong Business Acumen.
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Employment Type: PERMANENT