Updated: May 4 2012
||Contracts Administration, Mechanical Engineering, Technical Writing, Exceptional presentation skills, organized, attentive to detail.
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
DeepFlex Inc. was founded in 2004 with the goal of revolutionizing the flexible pipe industry by using high-tech composite technologies. As the world's only manufacturer of unbonded non-metallic flexible pipe for deepwater applications, the patented DeepFlex products are lighter, less costly to install, and do not suffer the corrosive effects of harsh environment service. DeepFlex is involved in cutting-edge composite research and development to expand its product capabilities. Headquartered in Houston, DeepFlex has marketing offices in the US and Brazil, and a manufacturing facility in Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
DeepFlex's core values focus on its employees, customers, and a commitment to designing and manufacturing high-quality products safely. The Company offers the opportunity to work in a challenging yet rewarding environment where contribution and initiative are valued and career development opportunities are plentiful. For more information about DeepFlex, go to our website: www.DeepFlex.com.
Summary: Responsible for developing technical, budgetary-priced, and firm lump sum priced proposals responsive and compliant to Requests for Quotation. Reviews proposed commercial contract documents and provides win-win proposals. Serves as primary customer liaison for proposals.
• Provides leadership in the development of proposals
Understands the scope of work
Understands risks and risk management
Develops and implements the bid strategies for projects
Prepares proposal costing models
Monitors and meets proposal preparation budgets, schedules, and profit targets.
• Establishes relationships with company subject matter experts for assistance developing proposals.
• Interacts with sub-contractors, vendors, procurement, and engineering to ensure that competitive material and equipment pricing is obtained.
• Reviews technical qualifications and responds.
• Participates in all required commercial and contractual meetings internally and ensures that all contractual and commercial issues are reviewed.
• Reviews technical issues and engages appropriate resources to ensure that issues are resolved and impact is incorporated in the bid.
• Organizes and leads bid review meetings. Upgrades proposals to agreed outcomes.
• Has a detailed understanding of manufacturing cost structure and can effectively compile accurate cost estimates for proposals.
• Ensures compliance with FCPA, Export Control, and all other corporate policies.
• Performs any other related duties and responsibilities required by the reporting manager.
Education and Experience:
BSc in Engineering required.
Minimum of 5 years related progressive experience required.
SURF experience required.
Experience using MS Projects required
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available