Updated: May 10 2012
||Engineering Manager, Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Technip USA is expanding its Risk and Integrity Management (R&IM) group. The R&IM group focuses on helping our customers ensure that their assets perform their intended functions reliably, economically, and safely without impact to human health or the environment.
The group works with projects involving subsea equipment, pipelines, risers, floating systems and topsides facilities, as well as onshore facilities.
The Reliability Engineer will report to the Risk and Integrity Management Department Manager. Job responsibilities will include conducting reliability studies for systems and components associated with offshore oil and gas producing facilities and potentially other facilities. The Reliability Engineer will participate in the evaluation of new technologies and applications, as well as existing systems.
Keywords: FMEA, FMECA, FMEDA RAM, LOPA, SIL, Risk Assessment, Reliability Analysis, Availability Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Weibull Analysis, RBI, RCM
Location: Houston, Tx
Education: Min. B.Sc. in engineering. M.Sc. preferred
Experience: Min. 10 yrs in reliability analysis
Experience with (offshore) oil and gas facilities
1. The Reliability Engineer must be able to implement and develop Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), which comprises the identification and definition of:
• Failures modes of a system or process.
• Possible consequences of the failure modes at component and system level.
• Likelihood of the failure modes.
• Criticality number (critical failure modes affecting significantly the system performance).
• Preventive and/or corrective actions to mitigate the risks.
• Subsystems / components that require design improvement.
2. The Reliability Engineer must be able to develop Level of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Safety Integrity Level (SIL) classification and SIL verification to ensure the appropriate performance of safety instrumented systems
3. The Reliability Engineer must be able to implement and develop Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) Analysis, in order to quantify overall system availability and production efficiency, determine the factors contributing to equipment downtime and evaluate the effects of various reliability and availability increasing measures (optimization).
4. The Reliability Engineer must be able to understand and interpret component and system failure data, mean time to failure (MTTF) and mean time between failures (MTBF). Familiarity with commercial databases such as OREDA, PARLOC, and SINTEF is a plus.
5. The Reliability Engineer must be able to perform risk assessment of component/system/process, through the identification of unwanted events and/or failures, assessment of the risk in terms of frequency of occurrence of these events/failures and their corresponding consequences, and definition and implementation of preventive/mitigation actions.
6. The Reliability Engineer must be able to analyze failure data and use the results in any of the analyses mentioned above.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available