Talisman Energy Inc. is a global, diversified, upstream oil and gas company, headquartered in Canada. Talisman's three main operating areas are North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia. The Company also has a portfolio of international exploration opportunities. Talisman is committed to conducting business safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, and is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability (North America) Index. Talisman is listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges under the symbol TLM. Please visit our website at www.talisman-energy.com.
Job Title: Geoscience Technician
Req ID: 6950
Location: Houston, United States
Employment Type: Permanent
Closing Date: June 29, 2012
Provides geosciences technical and regulatory support to assist the asset team managers, geologists, geophysicists and engineers with the achievement of team, departmental, and organizational assignments and goals.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Create input data, update and maintain Petra and SMT projects. Import and export cultural data, well data, directional surveys, logs (rastar and LAS), production data, formation tops and scout information. Populate and manipulate data in LAS Pro, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; importing formation tops, perfs, pressure and production data into PETRA software. Complete daily updates and imports of real time rig data into Petra. Research and retrieve data from in-house, online (Sonaris, IHS, Drilling Info, etc) and geological log libraries. Create, import structure, isopach and land maps. Digitize and scan and import structure, isopach and land maps. Import/export data between Petra and SMT projects. Maintains and monitors inventory of log, geological, or other corporate data. Prepare presentation material for internal meetings, partner meetings and prospect sale showings consistent with department standards. Adhere to the company's values - integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and improvement. Support company vision and mission. Adhere to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
· Three (3) years minimum oil and gas exploration geotechnical experience
· Ability to accurately solve problems and exceptional proficiency in data management
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public
· Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities
· Ability to perform tasks and achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and precision
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency in the use and application of the following software: Required: Petra, SMT, Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook), and Photoshop
Preferred, but not absolutely required: Degree from accredited four-year university or college with a science, math or computer emphasis
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
Employment Type: PERMANENT