Talisman Energy Inc.
Updated: Aug 13 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||The Woodlands, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Talisman Energy Inc. is a global, diversified, upstream oil and gas company, headquartered in Canada. Talisman's three main operating areas are North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia. The Company also has a portfolio of international exploration opportunities. Talisman is committed to conducting business safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, and is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability (North America) Index. Talisman is listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges under the symbol TLM.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager, Development Engineering and G&G, the Geologist will work within the Eagle Ford Development Team, NAO Shale Division. This an exciting position working an area that is key to Talisman's shale strategy.
This role will be responsible for:
- The primary focus of this role is to contribute and collaborate with other disciplines in order to provide technical support for the Eagle Ford development project;
- Candidates will be required to apply a broad range of development geoscience skills, both independently and as part of the multi-disciplinary team. Tasks will involve mapping of the Eagle Ford shale, identification and justification of development drilling locations utilizing reservoir modeling and the interpretation of well performance, stratigraphic mapping and 3D and micro seismic data.
- Candidates will be expected to communicate the results of evaluations and research to their peers and management and actively partake in decision making and technical discussions; and be a mentor to junior team members
- Candidates will be actively involved with the daily drilling operations and will provide geological interpretations while drilling.
Education, Experience, Technical Qualifications
- At least 5 years petroleum industry experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geology, Geophysics or related Earth Science field together with an in depth understanding of geoscience principles.
- Strong development geology experience and a sound understanding of exploration geology principles
- Shale gas exploration and development
- Knowledge in mapping and structural geology
- Skilled in a range of petroleum geoscience concepts in both geology and geophysics (seismic data interpretation)
- Skilled in regional and basin analysis with experience in diverse structural settings
- Skilled in well data interpretation and correlation; and volumetrics and risk analysis
- Skilled in the use of petroleum geoscience software and databases including Petrel
- Ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary team
- A proven track record, demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with an enthusiastic, high energy work ethic.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills; and strong presentation and meeting management skills.
- Willingness to be creative, explore opportunities and take calculated risks. Able to make educated decisions that may have significant financial impact on the organization.
- Strong operational background with the ability to handle technical and operational activities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and work in a small team environment; and foster effective working relationships with their peers.
- Demonstration of our corporate values: Passion, Bias for Results, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork, Honest Communication, Safety
Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available