Updated: Apr 16 2012
||IT - Analysis & Management, project management, service delivery, application management, business alignment
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Accountable for the overall performance and safe delivery of IT Services. Ensuring the delivery of day-to-day IT services to support the business requirements of the Asset by directing and managing the delivery of live operational services in line with agreed service levels, performing reactive and proactive service and infrastructure maintenance to eliminate causes of service disruption. Advise and report to the Asset Leadership Team regarding the delivery, costs, availability and functionality of IT services including identification of adverse trends in performance
• Contributing to delivery of the Business Plan by carrying out the Functional/Asset scope of work in accordance with the client Way and the Internal Control Framework. In particular, this will require identifying any compliance gaps to Global IT standards, developing plans to address them and seeking dispensations as required
• Implementing the Global IT strategy and improvement plans within the job holder's defined scope of work
• Assist in the definition of the overall IT Strategy by acting as the trusted IT advisor to leadership in the asset and representing Global IT's interests to the asset Leadership Team and the Asset's interests to Global IT. Ensure full understanding of the Asset business strategy and use this knowledge to ensure that appropriate IT solutions are provided. Document these solutions into an overall IT strategy and subsequent annual IT plan for the asset
• Capture initial demand for new business solutions from the business functions in the Asset, validate requirements for new business solutions and assist in creation and delivery of business cases and execute a prioritization process for evaluating and implementing new business solutions and changes to existing solutions.
• Coordinate the definition of the Asset IT Programme and contribute to the management of the delivery of Global programmes & projects that will implement the required IT systems and applications for the Asset. Manage the delivery of Local IT work programmes with Global IT approvals.
• Ensure Global IT Standards and Guidelines are observed and followed and that local IT employees share best practice with the IT community
• Proven ability to influence and build effective working relationships with internal customers, peers and vendors regardless of organisational boundaries or management level
• Management experience managing/delivering IT services including the initiation, scoping and delivery of programmes and projects
• Experience of managing teams of managerial and operational staff
• Experience of prioritising according to business strategy and recognise opportunities to apply IT and technology solutions to specific situations
• Proven ability to interpret and communicate technical information in business language and vice versa
• Strong and proven technical knowledge and experience in Planning and managing IT infrastructure, ideally within an energy-based or industrial business.
• Good knowledge and experience of IT core processes, such as project management, service delivery, application management and business alignment
• Experience of working in an ITIL Service Management environment
Candidates will preferably be qualified to degree level or equivalent in an appropriate subject
• Understanding of industry best practice for IT Service and Project Management (e.g. ITIL, ISO, PMI, etc)
• Membership of appropriate professional institution (e.g. BCS) or equivalent
• Strong Leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to coach direct reports to develop their capabilities
• Exceptional customer service orientation
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Good problem-solving and analytical skills
• Understanding of application management and usability. Understanding of financial and commercial management
• Strong influencing skills and ability to positively and sensitively work with stakeholders
• Sound decision-making skills. Drive and enthusiasm. Highly effective planning, prioritisation and delegation skills.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available