Updated: May 17 2012
||Drilling Engineering, Drilling Superintendent, 3 years Night Drilling, IWCF, establish HSE policies and procedures, 10 years drilling supervisor level
||Offshore (4X4), Angola
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The scope of the SERVICE consists in:
As Drilling and Completion Supervisor - Deep Water, the designee is the COMPANY representative onboard
the rig and he is the 'ultimate responsible' for all rig operations. Paramount to this is the HSE and including but
not limited to Drilling, Completion, Fluids, Subsea when the safety of the well, the protection of the environment
and the safety of Total E&P Angola assets are involved.
He is nominated RSES.
This SERVICE encompasses mainly the following activities:
The designee is in charge to:
- Provide on-site supervision in order to carry out safely and efficiently the drilling, completion, workover &
intervention programmes in accordance with Total established operational procedures and policies;
- Provide on-site technical expertise to resolve practical problems and minimise non-productive time;
- Report and discuss with his superintendent any anomaly detected in order to anticipate any potential or
developing problems and find adequate solutions while maintaining the safety of the well in progress ;
- Take every decision in case of emergency to guarantee the safety of all persons involved, the well, the
other Total related assets and the environmental protection ;
- In the case of simultaneous operation, to liaise with other Total Department supervisors ensuring effective
and comprehensive coordination of ongoing and upcoming work;
- Direct and coordinate service CONTRACTORS engineers/technicians in order to ensure that they provide
their functions safely, efficiently. Check and sign all attachment sheets and tickets;
- Comply with Total established HSE procedures and policies;
- QA/QC control all consumables and materials delivered, ensure they are conforming to their
- Procure adequate operational feedback, generate technical reports on drilling and experienced well
problems to prevent their reoccurrence and to enhance well operation performance;
- Plan all activities and needs in coordination with his superintendent and the services CONTRACTORS;
- Ensure the quality control of the reporting issued from the rig including the daily well cost estimate in
- Monitor the planned rig maintenance programme and recommend rig modifications if required;
- Chair the Premove, Prespud, HSE Site Committee meetings and HSE meetings;
- On duty 24 hrs seconded during the night by the Night Drilling Supervisor;
- Organise the activity of the Night Drilling Supervisor;
- Ensure an adequate training is provided to the Night Drilling Supervisor and the Junior Drilling Engineer
REQUIRED SKILLS for the execution of the SERVICE:
This position primarily requires an extensive knowledge of offshore drilling and completion operations.
Minimum 10 years experience, at drilling supervisory level with international exposure comprising at least 3
years as Night Supervisor is mandatory. Holding valid IWCF subsea well control certificate, Crisis management
and RSES training.
Good interpersonal skills and organisational ability are also required.
Established HSE procedures and policies shall be followed
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available