Updated: Jul 6 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Denver, CO, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The company is engaged in the business of exploring for and producing unconventional reserves in the Gulf of Mexico, Gulf Coast and Rocky Mountains. In addition, our client is continuing to build its property and reserve base through selective acquisitions of proved oil and gas properties which have further exploitation and exploration potential.
Our client is one of the largest producers with positions in several of the Rockies' resource basins. They have a unique advantage in the Rockies with the company's Powder River Basin water pipeline system, mineral rights in the 8-million-acre Land Grant and broad success at extracting value from unconventional plays. Our client is the largest acreage holder in Wyoming and also holds a significant midstream position in the Rocky Mountains.
• Assist the Geoscience team with data management, assimilation and organization and process improvement
• Create and populate application-related project databases with data; maintain or synchronize data across various data stores
• Become the team's expert on the use and capabilities of these databases.
• Project data troubleshooting, integration, and cleanup
• Proactively seek to improve systems, data management, processes and team functionality.
• Assist geologists with researching and downloading data and wells into Openworks, Petra and GeoGraphix
• Perform simple mapping and data manipulation as required
• Two years of relevant work experience or a Bachelor's degree in Earth Science, Mathematics, Computer Science or Information Technology or a closely related field.
• Self-motivated individual with strong work ethic and attention to detail.
• Strong organizational skills, knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications and good interpersonal communication skills.
• Good customer relationship skills
• Aptitude for solving technical problems
• Computer skills should include all Microsoft Office applications, with a demonstrated ability to learn new applications quickly.
• Thorough knowledge of basic data types and formats for Geoscience and Engineering; wells, seismic, cartographic reference systems and datums
• Thorough knowledge of the OpenWorks R5000 project data base and working knowledge of Petra and GeoGraphix databases (OpenWells/EDM would be helpful, but not essential)
• Familiarity with Landmark geophysical mapping and interpretation applications
• Knowledge of PC- and Linux-based application support
• Familiarity with E&P workflows
• The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%.
• Proficient with Petra and/or GeoGraphix software packages
• Working knowledge of oil and gas land and operations terminology
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available