Updated: May 15 2012
||Installation Engineer, Pipeline Engineering, Subsea Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||£640 per day +Expenses
||Part Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Technical Trainers- Subsea Engineering Courses- Reeling and installation calculations
Based worldwide as per client demand
Part time contracts (4 courses per year minimum- 4 day each course)
£640 per day +expenses + training fees
A leading subsea engineering and training services company operating worldwide in the oil and gas industry, which has trained over 5000 industry professionals, is currently looking for new technical trainers to join the training team on a part time contract basis. The company's clients include Subsea 7, Shell, ExxonMobil, Technip and BP. The courses provided are accredited and hold worldwide acclaim for their quality.
The company are currently looking to develop working relationships with Subsea industry experts interested in teaching short-term courses on a contract basis. Courses they are currently looking for trainers for are:
1. Installation Calculations Course
A 4 day course providing detailed knowledge of the subsea installation calculations required for all stages of a subsea development's lifecycle from installation and abandonment.
Subject areas include catenaries, bending, reeling, steelwork, pipe lifting, survey, barge stability, anchors and piles.
2. Reeling Design Calculations Course
A 4 day an in-depth, technical course detailing the engineering behind reel-lay installation. The course explains the key design aspects such as implications of cumulative plastic strain, ovalisation and weld defects.
Subject areas include reel-lay process, reeling history and current market, reeling forces, strain concentration effects, codes and patents related to reeling and ovalisation.
The Role of a Technical Trainer:
As a technical trainer, you will be responsible for imparting knowledge and developing delegates' skills in line with course objectives.
• Typically teach 4 courses per year or more if desired- course schedules set 6-9 months in advance
• Set up room before courses and liaise with venue staff
• Keep up to date with latest industry developments and using this knowledge in the courses
• Attend pre and post course briefings by conference call
The company will train you on present course materials, manage course logistics including travel arrangements, and provide full admin support.
• Ideally a CEng or equivalent
• Ideally a good degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Ideally public speaking training
• Ideally 15 years minimum experience of working in the oil industry
• Experience in mentoring/ training others
• Ideally proven ability to present training material
Installation Calculations Course:
10 years experience of working on offshore installation and construction projects:
• Installation analysis of pipelines, umbilical's and risers in shallow and deepwater
• Detailed knowledge of engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction operations from pre-FEED through to project implementation
• Detailed knowledge of the DNV suite of codes for offshore engineering
• Detailed knowledge of installation procedures, and ideally, experience carrying out installation projects offshore
• Application of knowledge in solving complex design and installation engineering challenges
Reeling design calculations course:
• 10 years experience of subsea pipeline construction
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced subsea professionals who would like to do something different in between contracts, or perhaps for retired engineers who would enjoy sharing knowledge and experience.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available