Updated: May 1 2012
||geomechanics, Rock Physic
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Develop and foster the discipline of geomechanics in OMV E&P worldwide
- Act as a focus point of knowledge and expertise within OMV, including but not limited to: stress analysis, wellbore stability analysis, cap rock integrity, compaction/subsidence, thermal effects due to injection, 3D geomechanics, fracture permeability, fault seal analysis/reactivation, pore pressure prediction, sand production prediction, image & caliper log analysis
- Identify and specify geomechanical needs of E&P subsurface disciplines
- Evaluate and implement geomechanical software
- Perform geomechanical work and studies for business units
- Manage external work (define scope together with business unit, input QC, reporting) Generate lessons learnt and recommend how to improve workflows Design and implement guideline/standards within OMV as well as foster the application of new technology in the respective departments Plan and implement a data management system/workflow for geomechanical data
- Knowledge management within OMV E&P international ventures
- Mentoring of personnel involved with geomechanics in other subsurface disciplines (e.g. drilling ...)
- Master or PhD degree in Geomechanics or Rock Physics
- Minimum 10 years relevant EP industry experience (either with operator or geomechanics
- Strong communication and interaction skills.
- Compensation (mandatorily to be mentioned due to Austrian labor law regulations): local annual
gross salary at least EUR 57.800,00 plus OMV benefits (please note: considerable higher payment
can be granted depending on experience and qualification)
We offer you:
- A challenging position within a rapidly growing and continuously challenging environment
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available