Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO) is an independent international energy company engaged in exploration and production, oil sands mining and integrated gas. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has a strong portfolio of assets delivering defined growth leveraged to crude oil production with exploration upside. At the end of 2011, Marathon Oil had net proved reserves of more than 1.8 billion barrels. The Company's operations are located in the United States, Angola, Canada, Equatorial Guinea, Indonesia, Iraqi Kurdistan Region, Libya, Norway, Poland and the United Kingdom.
We are currently looking for an experienced Instrumentation and Electrical Technician to provide technical support for ongoing field development within our New Town, North Dakota office. The successful candidate will interface with Marathon employees, contractor employees, and vendors. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the design, installation, inspection, troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of field automation systems, SCADA equipment and communications systems that are typically installed in the field. Typical equipment includes, but not limited to, electronic tank gauger systems, programmable logic controllers (PLCS), remote terminal unit (RTU), digital/analog end devices, beam pump off controllers/Lufkin SAM units and spread spectrum radio systems. Office work will require computer skills and utilization of automation software. Individual must be capable of troubleshooting oil and gas process instrumentation systems in the field. The position will also require some after hour call outs and weekend duties.
- Work with both company and contract employees, to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair of automation and communications systems
- Provide accurate records of changes, modifications, and programming of existing and new installations of PLC, RTU, Lufkin SAM units/POC and SCADA systems, including consistent use of the Management of Change Policy.
- Schedule and perform periodic and preventative maintenance, inspections, and testing of electronic and electrical components by visual inspection, reference to technical manuals, and use of testing equipment. Determine what regular and special maintenance procedures need to be performed, parts requiring replacement, and necessary precautions to keep electronic and electrical components in proper operating condition.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all automation systems.
- Work with SCADA Administrators to ensure compliance of standards set by the Domestic SCADA team.
- Perform all work in accordance with Marathon's HES policies and procedures. Participation in the behavior based safety program (FORC).
- Positively interact with office and field personnel in a manner that creates an atmosphere of creativity, cooperation and attention to the safety of all personnel and the environment.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Oil and Gas field operations experience preferred; hands on experience with automation devices preferred.
Certifications: Electrical license is preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.