Updated: Jul 9 2012
||Heavy Machinery Operator
||Muncy, PA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Pole Truck Driver drives and operates a pole truck equipped with more than one winch and live poles rated to lift up to 15 tons, loading, hauling and unloading various oil field related equipment. This equipment is picked up at various locations within the work area and transported to other locations, to be used in well servicing and drilling operations. This equipment may include frac tanks, floats (flat bed trailers), reverse units (pumps), power swivels, open top tanks, pipe racks, catwalk and base beams. The Pole Truck Driver also will have the ability to Pole-Up the gin poles on the unit to pick-up and move and/or place equipment around the location. All duties of the Pole Truck Driver are to be performed according to the Company operating procedures in order to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to efficiently perform the task.
- The Pole Truck Driver drives the Pole Truck to the location to load or unload equipment as required for the job. Mechanically loads or unloads the equipment using the multiple winches and live poles system. This will require the employee to handle the winch system on the unit and manually tie down the loaded equipment using chains and boomers.
- The Pole Truck Driver is required to drive the truck to and from the area office to the customer's location and back to the areas office. This will require the position to be knowledgeable of all applicable DOT rules and regulations and all job related Company, Local, State and Federal requirements.
- This position will require the Pole Truck Driver to maintain accurate work tickets based on the Company's requirements and the work performed for the customer as well as the ability to maintain accurate driving log books, pre-trip/ post-trip information and maintenance files on the vehicle. This position is responsible for alerting appropriate supervision when mechanical defects are noted on the truck as well as alerting supervision when hours worked may exceed DOT maximums.
- An understanding of basic maintenance concepts required to perform light to heavy repairs as necessary. All brake work performed on the vehicle will require the Driver to have the proper brake certification. The position requires the use of hand tools and other equipment associated with the vehicle.
- This position requires various types and levels of job related training with respect to the operation of the equipment, Company Standard Operating Procedures and other specialized training as required by regulatory agencies and the Company.
- Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above should be handled as prescribed in the Company's Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company's Standard Operating Guidelines.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
- Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
- Adheres to Company policies and work requirements
- Pass the company's drug screen.
- Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment".
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
- This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
- While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
- Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company's Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company's Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must have basic knowledge of oil field and related equipment associated with the trucking of oil field equipment.
- Must have a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL A or B) with the proper endorsements required for the type vehicle operated, issued by state of residence.
- Must have the applicable knowledge of DOT rules and regulations as required for the position.
- Must have the knowledge required in the winching, moving and placing of equipment associated with well servicing and drilling operations.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available