Brightoil Petroleum Singapore Pte Ltd
Updated: Apr 12 2012
||Geologist, Reservoir Engineering, Exposure to new ventures identification, evaluation, and acquisition
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||US, Europe, Australia, South-Africa, Brazil, Asia
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The candidate will work within a multi-discipline upstream evaluations team. As the team's senior Geologist he/she will:
• Formulates and exploration & develops advanced geological concepts and oil and gas prospects
• Review and assess the geology of new venture opportunities, identifying both the downside risks and potential upside opportunities.
• Analyse data and incorporate into integrated interpretations; Do sedimentary analysis, lithology analysis, geographic and tectonic analysis, Stratigraphy analysis, geochemical studies, Core analysis, petroleum system analysis, petrophysic analysis, etc.
• Provide advice on this data to the new ventures management team
• Conduct reservoir characterization and actively participate in geological model construction in cooperation with geophysicists, engineers and geosciences specialists (structural interpretation and seismic attributes studies) to produce structure maps and in-place resource evaluations
• Assist in building static and dynamic reservoir model
• Assist in finding and evaluating new ventures opportunities. The candidate shall develop networks to identify assets, partnerships, mergers and/or takeovers that may be of interest to Company
• Involvement in data room evaluations both on-line or involving international travel
• Planning and evaluation of development wells for ongoing operations
• Coach, motivate and develop junior staff in order to improve their skills to fulfill their job requirements. Conduct technical training to explain geological concepts and share technical knowledge with the team.
All of the above will involve the successful candidate preparing technical reports and presentations on your findings for senior management, partners, and government officials when needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND / OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Geosciences or Geology
• 10 to 15 year's international experience in oil and gas geology
• Exposure to new ventures identification, evaluation, and acquisition
• Strong understanding of development and production Geology & Geophysics
• Be able to use Petrel software. Computer literate in standard office software. (backup : Landmark or SMT)
• Mapping and interpretation skills
• Basic log interpretation experience
• Experience of economics and risking
• Familiar with reserve reports and the SPE reserve process
• Knowledge of worldwide oil and gas basins
• Be professional and strong communicator
• Exposure to more than multiple geographical areas and experience in working in a multi-cultural and international environment.
• Willingness and mobility to travel internationally, sometimes at short notice
• Experience in working with and developing staff with different culture, background, and language
• Fluency in spoken and written English. Other languages, in particular Mandarin, would be an advantage.
These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.
Interested candidates please send your detailed resume with current & expected salary.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available