JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Pumping Services Service Line Manager, the Pumping Service Operator is responsible for driving, operating, and maintaining pumping services equipment. The Pumping Services Operator will also be responsible for assembling and preparing equipment for installation and service, performing pre and post equipment inspections and maintenance, assist in monitoring well controls, and contributing to safe rigging operations during and after service delivery.
TASKS / DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for driving and operating heavy trucks and equipment
• Performs rigging in / out duties for pumping services equipment; contributes to safe rigging operations during and after service delivery
oLifts, carries, moves and assembles iron pipes and equipment to / from trucks and well site
• Reviews and completes pump logs, chemical tallies, and maintenance checklists
• Monitors control panels to gauge pressure, flow, revolutions per minute (RPMs), and other diagnostic information of equipment (i.e. transmission lock-ups, rig savers, etc)
• Participates in and monitor execution of job/service: control operation of equipment or systems by using control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate equipment or processes.
• With guidance from Supervisors, makes adjustments to increase / decrease fluid pressure and flow as required.
• Assists Supervisor with calculating and mixing chemicals.
• Acts as a mentor to Helper / Driver level employees. Assists in training and provides guidance on safe and effective operating procedures.
• Maintains truck and equipment to Sanjel standards, and ensures all equipment, including personal protective equipment, is in proper working order.
o Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water pre and post trip
o Conducts maintenance and inspection of Blowout Preventor (BOP), injection head, power-pack (hydraulics), stripper, wellhead connections, etc.
o Completes quarterly maintenance inspections, 200 & 400 hour inspections and services on trucks and equipment.
o Troubleshoots any problems with equipments and ensures damaged or defective parts get repaired.
• Completes required paperwork and submits it to the appropriate parties accurately and on time (i.e. Critical Well Checklist, fuel log report, timesheets and log books, maintenance reports, month-end expense reports, trip permits, etc).
• Promotes Sanjel Safety Standards at all times: shop, yard, location and while traveling.
• Reports all hazards or potentially hazardous situations, accidents, incidents and injuries immediately to supervisor.
• Attends weekly Safety Meetings.
• All other duties assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell; lift more than 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Hazmat endorsement
• 1+ years Pumping Services experience
• Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG), and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong math skills (ability to calculate ratios, fractions, etc)
• Ability to work as part of a team; strong sense of teamwork
• Problem recognition and solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Highly safety conscious
• Highly motivated
• Ability to work a work schedule of 15 days on, 6 days off, and travel up to 100%