Updated: Jan 8 2013
||Drilling Foreman, Drilling Superintendent, Operations Manager, drillship operations, operations superintendent, well control, fall protection, hydrogen sulfide safety
||$excellent + benefits
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
A fast growing, global Oilfield services company working closely with PDVSA in Venezuela in drillship operations.
are looking through us for an experienced Operations Superintendent to join their team in Venezuela.
The Operations Superintendent will be responsible for every aspect of the rigs operations, including the safety of all crew members, set up, take down and moving. You will also be responsible for managing the daily paperwork and other matters of business pertaining to the Rigs. The Operations Superintendent will also ensure that the rigs operations comply with the environmental and government regulations as well as controlling/managing the associated operational costs.
To be considered for this role, the individual must have previous & detailed operations experience in a drillship environment, possess demonstrable leadership skills, the ability to communicate and listen, delegate responsibilities, and maintain a high level of organization. The role involves daily reports and meetings with clients, senior management and peers.
You will need to have most if not all of the following:
• First Aid
• WHIMIS (Workers Health Industrial Management Information System)
• Well control
• Hydrogen Sulfide Safety Training (H2S)
• Fall Protection
• Oil field boiler
• Specialized safety training- ie fall protection and high angle rescue etc
• Fluency in both English and Spanish speaking. Essential.
Principal Duties and accountabilities
• Involved in Daily Operations Meetings with Client
• Review Daily Operations Reports
• Manage Well Plan and Operational Procedures
• Availability to the client, to discuss and coach them on aspects of Operations they may not be aware of.
• Generate ideas on ways to improve productivity
• Liaise with Client Logistics on upcoming Boat and Helicopter movement in order to help plan Personnel and Materials movement.
• Monthly report operational activities and status versus the annual plan.
• Rig Based HS&E
- Prepared to initiate the Emergency Response Plan between the Rig and Shore Base
- Review and participate in Accident / Incident investigations
- Review and participate in implementation of safety procedures
- During visits to the rigs, make walk around safety audits with HS&E officer
• Rig Personnel
- Review Daily IADC Reports, and discuss with Rig Superintendents
- Board Vessels on Critical Jobs; (Running and Pulling of the BOP)
- Make regular visits to drilling rigs
- Review monthly Downtime, cause and remedies
• Personnel Department
- Review CV's of potential candidates for placement onboard each Vessel.
- Assist on Meet and Greet of Incoming and Outgoing personnel.
• Labour Contractor
- Take part in placement of syndicate personnel. Sit in on interviews with said personnel, to determine if they are right for their desired position.
- Review Materials Requisitions for Approval
- Regular contact with Shore Base Yard to ensure materials are ready to expedite to the respective Vessel in a timely manner.
- Review equipment Condition Reports, Investigate Root Cause and ways to avoid reoccurrence.
- Collaborate with Maintenance manager prioritizing preventive maintenance duties in each rig.
- Assist with end of the Month Billing. Accompany Finance Department at Clients Offices, to discuss discrepancies in the Billing, and resolve same.
The company have brought together a highly regarded and experienced team from the international oil and gas industry, and are in an excellent position to meet the numerous challenges of the upstream oil and gas sector in the 21st century. Beyond just exploration and production, the company also trade oil, gas and related products in markets around the world. They have a diverse energy portfolio including electricity, bio fuels and environmental products.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available