Updated: Jun 1 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Machinery Engineer is responsible for oversight of the EPC Contractor's and equipment supplier's production of the required rotating equipment deliverables within project budget and schedule. Ensures that the Project's requirements, as detailed in the Technical Specifications, for the machinery packages are met. Assists with all aspects rotating equipment selection, design, installation, commissioning, and start-up planning. Facilitates interfaces among the Facilities Engineering Disciplines, Client Functions, the EPC contractor and the equipment supplier's organizations with respect to equipment package issues.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Provide overall package equipment technical leadership and expertise for the assigned machinery packages
• Provide oversight of the suppliers engineering, fabrication and package activities to ensure project requirements are achieved
• Monitor and report to the project team on the equipment supplier's activities with respect to:
Project schedule and compliance with project specifications
Resolution of Sub-Supplier issues and monitoring for compliance
Compliance with design methods and safety factors to be used in design of project
Equipment data sheet completeness and accuracy
Rotating equipment engineering studies and analyses
Inspection and test plans, including Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs) and Site Integration Tests (SITs)
• Interaction with EPC contractor's rotating equipment personnel
• Routine interaction with the Lead Machinery Engineer re. planning, identification and resolution of technical issues
• Prepare and submit monthly progress data on equipment package issues to the Lead Machinery Engineer
• Provide rotating equipment input for Hazardous Operations (HAZOPS) reviews
• Provide rotating equipment input for Risk Management activities, as appropriate
• Review Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&IDs) for safe and operable rotating equipment features as related to the managed packages
• Steward the EPC contractor and equipment supplier's rotating equipment specification, selection, testing, installation, commissioning, and start-up activities including:
Input for recommended deliverables and labor hour estimate for rotating equipment work
Measurement and reporting of physical progress
Preparation of the technical specifications to be used for rotating equipment
Review of squad check drawings and other deliverables as required for inter-discipline design coordination
Review of vendor data for compliance with project specifications
Review of vendor data for completeness as required for rotating equipment design and fabrication
Preparation of spare parts lists (RSPL's)
Development of field installation plans and procedures for assigned equipment packages
Development of commissioning and start-up plans and procedures
Transportation and transportation fatigue analyses as required
Contribution to weight control reports for all rotating equipment
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCES:
• Thorough knowledge of:
Rotating equipment design, fabrication, transportation, commissioning, and start-up principles, theories, and concepts
Applicable codes, standards, and trade practices
• Thorough knowledge and expert judgment in the selection and application of rotating equipment design analyses hardware and software
• Experienced with machinery design, fabrication, installation and start up for an offshore facility
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 15+ years of closely related professional engineering experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
• Willing and able to travel as required.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available