Updated: Apr 11 2012
||Planner / Scheduler
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Calgary Region, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
• Serve as execution planning subject matter expert for SAGD projects in Western Canada.
• Leads Project execution planning effort; coordinates Front End Execution Planning (FEEP) activities by:
- Leveraging cross-functional input via FEEP workshops to identify execution issues at key Select and Define Stage milestones
- Defining and implementing specific work programs focused on developing mitigation plans and delineating execution basic elements to confirm feasibility and setting the Execution Basis
• Coordinate with Houston based functional and process expertise who provide oversight guidance and deliverables to ensure consistency with established execution planning processes
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop execution planning deliverables per Company processes including:
- Defining key deliverables and timing that support the relevant early Business Case, Concept Selection, Design Basis, and Project Plan Execution Strategy
• Coordinate Front End Execution Planning (FEEP) efforts including:
- Set up and facilitate FEEP workshops
- Develop and steward work programs in FEEP Charters and integration of execution bases to support Concept Selection, Gate, and Checkpoint deliverables
- Work within Team and with Functions to identify and resolve issues
- Responsible for quality of work products produced as part of the FEEP process
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting status and progress of the FEEP work effort to stakeholders
• Responsible for obtaining functional and project management agreement on specified project Gate deliverables
• Consults internally as Subject Matter Expert on SAGD and similar project types for Western Canada.:
- Participate in project reviews and assessments (e.g. PEBRAs, IPRs, Concept Selection)
• Mentors younger engineer assigned to Western Canada projects.
• BS / MS in Engineering
• 15+ years experience in the Alberta Oil Sands / Heavy Oil Projects.
• 10+ years experience in a variety of project, execution and construction management positions.
• 5+ years experience with SAGD projects
• Prior experience includes leadership roles in managing capital projects, experience in the phases of project execution, modularization, fabrication, offsite assembly, logistics, and site construction for the Alberta market.
Additional Comments: Key Comments: Candidate needs to have a background in SAG-D in Western Canada, with modularization experience
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available