Updated: Apr 4 2012
||Maintenance Technician, Infrastructure, Road Maintenence
||Ft. Lauderdale, FL, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Identifies or verifies required maintenance work, interprets contract, schedules and coordinates in-house or sub-contractor work and ensures work meets contract specifications. Ensure all aspects of the contract are coordinated and completed in a timely, efficient, effective and profitable manner. Responsible for supervising maintenance crews effectively.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs condition assessment of pavements, signs, guardrails, tunnels, bridges, vegetation and other contract infrastructure and assets. Schedules and coordinate work to be performed. Assist with roadway characteristics through RCI inventory.
• Assists the Project Manager or Project Superintendent to determine the best approach (self-performance or sub-contract) for bringing assets into contract compliance considering cost, timelines and efficiency. Plans and coordinates work plan schedules.
• Inspects in-process and completed work to insure compliance with contract requirements
• Supervisory responsibility including the selection, development and performance management of maintenance crews. Facilitates all required new hire training and ongoing required safety and work standard training.
• Responds to incident emergencies and coordinates work of on-site responders. Reports accident/injury (actual and near misses).
• Assists in the inspection, and control of PHH fleet management system. Manage, monitor and control highway project assets and materials.
• Identifies opportunities for changes and improvements in work methods, processes, efficiency and cost reduction.
• Create and manage successful completion of all work orders.
• Responsible for accurate and timely completion and entry of work reporting and timesheets. Prepares other reports and correspondence as necessary. Enters data into the HQMS.
• Identifies, qualifies subcontractors and assists in negotiating contract parameters with sub-contractors.
• Assists and monitors routine work plan activities such as traffic control and maintenance work.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Zone Superintendents should be able to perform basic math functions and calculations (add, subtract, multiply divide, and calculate proportions, percentages, measurements, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume).
Ability to effectively communicate. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, technical procedures and contracts. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to multitask, use resources effectively and meet scheduled deadlines. Strong computer skills including working knowledge of HQMS Contract Management Systems, Microsoft Excel and Word as well as familiarity with the Internet.
This position requires a highly developed sense of safety awareness and perceptive ability. You must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident. You must be able to communicate with co-workers/subcontractors, understand and follow verbal and written safety instructions. You must be able to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment, while driving or operating equipment. You will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job. As a supervisor, you are required to lead by example; encourage co-workers and supervised employees to correctly use PPE; follow proper safety rules of conduct, take appropriate corrective actions, including the initiation of disciplinary action to enforce the use and observance of PPE and safety rules within your area of supervised responsibility.
Minimum Education and Experience
Formal Education: High School Diploma or GED (required)
Work Experience: Three years work experience in construction and/or road maintenance industry (preferred); prior experience in a leadership role (highly preferred)
Certifications and Licences: Valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record (required)
DOT certifications (highly desired)
The employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk on a wide range of surfaces; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted. Use manual and powered pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and electric powered tools and equipment.
The incumbent will split working time between office and field work.
Office Environment - The employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally stand and/or walk for short periods of time. Use hands to finger; reach with hands and arms. Vision abilities include close and distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available