Hobark International Limited
Updated: May 29 2012
||Executive, Operations Manager, Process Management
Closed - No longer accepting applications
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
The job holder will play a vital role within the Company Operations Leadership Team. The role will establish high class gas projects and commercial team to support operations.
The role must provide high class performance and leadership to the Gas function ensuring that competencies meet the business challenges and be active in mentoring and developing the staff to maintain sustainable competitive advantage.
As a key function leader in the Operations leadership team, the job holder will work closely with other functional leads as well as other group managers (HSSE, CFO, and Corporate Services). The job holder will also build strong relationship with NNPC, GACN, NGC and gas customers. Managing the balance between the corporate and operational priorities will therefore be essential, as well as excellent influencing skills to compliment the operational excellence.
1. Act as Gas Coordinator in the company.
2. Manage gas projects (debottlenecking, plant expansion and maintenance.)
3. Manage gas sales and marketing activities
4. Negotiate technically and commercially sound agreements with customers, transmitters (where applicable) and other stake holders, leading to LoI, MoU and Gas Sales and Purchase Agreements and Gas Transmission Agreements.
5. Establish effective business relationships with Gas Aggregation of Nigeria (GACN), industrial Gas customers and Transmitters such as Nigerian Gas Company.
6. Responsible for the evaluation of the technical and commercial benefits of gas projects.
7. Make key contribution to the preparation of Corporate Business Plan.
8. Carry out market promotion via gas seminars for captains of industries, Manufacturers Associations and Chambers of Commerce and seek support for market expansion aspirations.
9. Establish and maintain good relations with key government agencies as they emerge in the unfolding Gas Business Environment in Nigeria.
10. Ensure that the necessary resources are available in support of the technical and commercial activities (including legal counsel, consultants, finance and planning team)
11. Ensure proper coverage of market-related activities for long term capacity planning ensuring continuous business analysis in support for existing businesses and new opportunities
12. Ensure the consistency of all agreements across the chain and ensure that risks are appropriately mitigated and managed through commercial agreements. Where residual risks remain ensure that these are properly understood, evaluated and alternative mitigation measures developed; at all times minimising Companies exposure
13. Interact, negotiate with and influence senior business, governmental, regulatory and competitor representatives within the industry.
14. Monitor and advice the company on regulatory developments.
15. Establish and manage good relations with key government agencies
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
1. Ability to establish and build relationships. Fully developed interpersonal and leadership skills with a flexible yet results oriented style
2. Ability to perform under extreme time pressure in a challenging, stressful and often ambiguous environment
3. Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
4. Good relationships with existing and potential customers.
5. Negotiation of technically and commercially sound gas sales and purchase agreements acceptable to both Companies and customers.
6. Initiation and sustenance of aggressive gas market development.
7. Identification and follow-up of new business opportunities to expand gas utilisation.
8. Competitor's analysis.
9. Effective monitoring of operating cost to demonstrate strategic cost leadership.
• All HSE matters relating to the development and execution of Gas projects
• Maintaining effective support for Base and Field organisations.
• Leadership and advance safety auditing at all project locations
• Provide engineering input to safety cases etc.
• Ensure policy goals and guidance are embedded and maintained in all activities
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Degree qualified in Engineering with chartered engineer status
Masters degree in engineering or business related topics
Significant experience in senior role in Oil and Gas sector
Experience in development and execution of gas projects
Gas Sales/Purchase or Transportation Agreements
Gas Industry Knowledge
Gas Project Agreements
Gas Market Analysis
Gas Processing and Processing
HSE and Sustainable Development Policies
Working and Leading in Teams
Mentoring and coaching of others
The position is based in Lagos and will require frequent visits to the field base location(s) Niger Delta and contractor offices.
Key reports will be located both in the head office and Base office, this will require efficient and effective coordination to ensure that the performance is improved and maintained
• COO Leadership team
• Other functional managers in the Companies leadership team
• Gas Aggregation of Nigeria
• Governmental bodies and representatives especially NNPC, DPR & NPDC.
• Key Engineering Contractors
• Gas buyers
Behaviours are very important in this role and the ability to work in a senior team environment, the ability to influence and motivate and drive high performance are all essential characteristics, therefore a track record in exceptional delivery in a fast moving environment is essential. Future performance will depend not just the delivery of the business plan and activities but how the individual personally operates at individual, team and corporate levels.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available