Updated: Apr 25 2012
||Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Contract Development Manager
Summarize briefly the major function and purpose of the position.
The Contract Manager is responsible for the storage, tracking, maintenance, analysis, and reporting of all hardware supply contracts executed by FMC's Western Region Subsea Services business unit. In addition, the Contract Manager performs the initial review of all new services contracts to check compliance with FMC's Contract Guidelines. Then, the Contract Manager supports the applicable Operations Team or Account Manager as needed during the negotiation of required changes to the contract.
What are the minimum qualifications an employee must have in order to perform the duties of the position (i.e. educational requirements, licenses, certification, work experience, training, etc.)?
• BS Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Engineering or other related field.
• MBA, JD or equivalent business experience preferred.
• Generally 5+ years of related or similar experience, with a focus on contract administration.
• Proficiency in the development of systems and processes for managing contracts.
• Proficiency in summarizing and explaining contract terms.
• Ability to identify trends and new developments in contracts proposed by customers.
• Advanced level understanding of legal terminology and concepts.
• Demonstrates the ability to work effectively within a matrixed team environment and contributes significantly to team performance.
• Demonstrates exceptional negotiation, planning, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
• Strong analytical and logical thinking skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team.
• Creativity in problem-solving and developing strategies.
• Ability to manage time while handling multiple tasks.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Spends 100% of time in a temperature-controlled environment (office, airport, airplane).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Frequent sitting and operating a computer.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
Identify the major duties and tasks accomplished by this position. E-essential duty/N-nonessential duty.
E Store, track and maintain all existing contracts (and associated Deviation Approval Requests)
E Prepare and maintain summaries of all existing and new contracts
E Advise the Operations teams and Account Managers of important contract dates, such as expirations and renewals
E Establish and maintain working relationships with the Operations teams and Account Managers
E Perform the initial review of new contracts to check compliance with FMC's Contract Guidelines
E Support the Operations teams and Account Managers as needed during the negotiation of new contracts with customers
E Monitor & report periodically the status of all existing contracts (such as, the number of outstanding contracts, contracts expiring soon, contracts with significant deviations from FMC's Contract Guidelines, etc.)
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of FMC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available