Aerotek Energy Services has an immediate need for a Controls Field Engineer for our power generation/manufacturing client here in the Houston, TX area. This is a direct hire opportunity and our client is looking to meet and hire candidates a.s.a.p.
The Controls Field Engineer's role is to provide field customer support in commissioning, trouble-shooting, repair or retrofit of the controls systems of a project. This position is responsible for trouble-shooting controls, communications, and computers, and for the documentation of these procedures.
The Field Engineer also assists in monitoring Quality Assurance requirements for completed equipment, and may perform QC checks, or oversee the same. The Field Engineer will compile O&M information, transmit critical O&M information during the design and construction phases of the project, and assist in compilation of the final sets of IOM manuals.
The Controls Field Engineer will provide Commissioning of the Controls portion of the project.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Field Engineer may compile O&M information.
- Feedback from the field is an integral part of the position.
- Create legible "red-line" drawings to submit to Project Manager
- Program and troubleshoot PLC's and other controls devices on site
- Direct the controls and electrical field commissioning of a project.
- Provide documented Commissioning of the electrical and controls portion (at a minimum) of the project.
- The position requires close interface with other Field Engineers, Project Engineers and Project managers, with the mechanical and electrical engineers, with service technicians, and with the client's personnel.
- Field experience as an I&C or I&E (Instrument AND Control AND Electrical) Technician in a Heavy Industrial environment i.e. Power Plant, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Paper Mill, etc.
- Must be able to do lock out/tag out of equipment & troubleshoot computer and electrical system.
- Field commissioning and troubleshooting experience a must.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with current and relevant field experience on PLC controls and automation systems specifically in the power generation, refrigeration, and process industries.
- Highly organized and responsible
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to read, support development of, and interpret P&ID's.
- Familiarity with current industry philosophies with regard to controls/automation system design, integration and operation.
- Strong experience in PLC based system programming. (Rockwell Automation preferred).
- Experience in implementing Man-Machine-Interfaces-MMI. WonderWare, PanelMate preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast paced, often changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task over several projects and manage conflicting priorities.
- Experience with analysis of compliance with NEC, IEC, NFPA and other local and international codes.
- Willingness to cross train on mechanical tasks within the field service organization
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 10 years as a Controls/Electrical Engineer for an Equipment Packager or Systems Integrator.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in electrical projects.
- Experience designing skid mounted, packaged electrical equipment for both low and medium voltage applications for domestic and international projects.
- Experience with large industrial chillers and chiller systems and power generation are a plus.
- Significant project field experience is required in construction support, startup, repair, and maintenance work, and in refrigeration.
- The qualified candidate should have industrial HAAC, energy service contracting, or central refrigeration plant experience.
- The position requires previous experience with verification of compliance with ASME, and other relevant codes and practices. Significant project field experience is required in construction support, startup, repair, and/or maintenance work.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- A degree in engineering from an accredited three or four-year engineering program, in one of several disciplines: Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, Process, Industrial, etc. is preferred.
- Military training and/or technical work experience could be considered in lieu of an engineering degree.
- This position required extensive travel to both domestic and international job sites.
- Ability to work in field construction conditions is required.