Updated: Mar 30 2012
||Instrument & Controls Engineer, QA / QC / Inspection
||Baytown, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Work Location : Baytown, Texas
Role of the E&I Inspector:
To ensure that all required inspections, verifications and audits performed during the fabrication and installation of the E&I Systems are in accordance with the project technical and safety procedures and work instructions. To ensure execution adherence to the Contractor Inspection and Testing Plan and approved for construction drawings and specifications.
E&I Inspector responsibilities:
• Become knowledgeable of the project approved for construction drawings and specifications.
• Become knowledgeable of the HSES Plan.
• Become knowledgeable of the Contractor's Inspection and Test Plan and Quality Procedures.
• Checking / Witnessing, Installation / Testing and Commissioning of Equipment to Project specifications, including wiring and terminations.
• Verify and monitor the adherence to company approved quality plan and punch list procedures.
• Verify certification of materials and equipment for area / zone classification.
• Support the efforts on maintenance and preservation of electrical equipment at the construction site and following erection into the Hull.
• Review construction documentation for completeness and correctness.
• Review and verify E&I system and component test results.
• Prepare list of E&I items for inclusion in final punch list.
• Confirm that technical integrity verification requirements are met.
• Monitor work for safe work practices.
• Assure that applicable safe work processes are in place and properly executed.
• Ensure the safety of self and others through constant observation and intervention.
• Document and communicate Lessons Learned in all above responsibilities.
• To review and continually monitor the electrical equipment storage, preservation and maintenance to according to the manufacturers procedures.
• Supervise wherever possible, the contractors maintenance and preservation activities on all electrical equipment.
Qualification & Experience
• Hands on experience with the installation and commissioning of electrical and instrumentation systems for offshore production facilities.
• 10 years of applicable experience in a similar role.
• Preferably past site experience in South Texas Contractors yards.
• Knowledgeable of the following codes/publications: ASTM/API Material Standards, National Electrical Code, ISA and International Electro-technical Commission Standards.
• Familiar with offshore Oil and Gas E&I Inspection and Fabrication Specifications.
• Experienced in working with the installation techniques of low and high voltage systems.
• Experienced in working with the installation techniques of instrumentation tubing systems, both liquid and gas.
• Experienced in the technical requirements for the electrical and instrumentation installation in electrically classified areas / zones.
• Past experience in the construction of a major deepwater FPS.
• English as a primary language is preferred.
• Strong Documentation skills.
• Competent computer skills in Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel.
• Experienced in dealing with multi-cultural diverse teams.
• Experienced in the safety requirements and hazards encountered in a fabrication facility.
• Demonstrably motivated individual with proactive attitude.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available