Modec International, Inc.
Updated: Jan 8 2013
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
MODEC is a general contractor specializing in engineering, procurement, construction and installation of floating production systems including Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), Production Semi-Submersibles, Mobile Offshore Production Units (MOPUs) and other new technologies which will meet the challenges of various types of gas production floaters. We have an immediate opening for a Design Supervisor at our Houston office.
• Provides design and drafting support to all departments.
• Plans and supervises daily activities of the drafting and design team.
• Supervises the design and drafting activities involved in the conceptual customer design proposal, application, fabrication and installation. Participates in customer and project review meetings as assigned.
• Ensures that commitments are fulfilled on time and to company and customer specifications.
• Analyzes the project work scope and works with Project Teams to develop a list of drawing deliverables and estimated manpower requirements. Develops drafting schedules using input from project drafting leads.
• Develops procedures and standards and monitors the content and form of drawings to ensure compliance. Develops and implements a robust checking procedure to meet quality assurance requirements.
• Interface with multiple disciplines including project engineering staff and Sales/Proposal groups to support drafting and design requests.
• Four-year degree from an accredited program is preferred although a two-year associate's degree from a technical college and significant direct industry experience acceptable in lieu of BS degree.
• Ten to fifteen years related design experience.
• Supervisory experience with demonstrated skills in problem solving, team building, total quality management. Must have ingenuity and initiative to coordinate problem resolution and to execute the schedule requirements within a team environment.
• Must possess excellent communication skills. Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing and comprehensive documentation.
• Experience developing and implementing drafting standards and procedures.
• Knowledge of latest versions of various CAD/Engineering software and 3-D modeling a plus.
• Experience with analysis of compliance with NEC, ASRAE, ASME, ANSI and other relevant codes.
MODEC International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available