The Virtual Bench
Updated: Nov 6 2012
||Geophysicist, Subsalt interpretation, ArcGIS, GoM
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Virtual Bench is a premier recruiting and staffing firm focused on providing quality engineering candidates to some of the top firms in the industry. Our client, one of the major global energy companies, is looking for multiple sr geophysicists.
Have current residence in the US (those living in Canada, Mexico or other places outside the US will NOT be considered). Due to large numbers of candidates ignoring this requirement, those in violation will be reported to Rigzone.
have either a US citizenship or Green Card
meet the requirements specified below
***Before you apply, be sure that you are in compliance with the following:
Our client is one of the ''super major'' international O&G operators with an excellent reputation in Upstream operations. They offer an excellent compensation program that includes salary, bonuses, and ''best in industry'' benefits. Additionally, they provide a great work environment that includes some of the top professionals in the industry, innovative technology, support for employee development and career growth and a work/life balance.
Exploration and Commercial is accountable for exploration, commercial activities, new business development, hydrocarbon maturation, governance of Joint Ventures for Liquified Natural Gas (LNG), wind operations and governance of South American mid-stream assets.
- Member of an exploration team responsible for working Greenfield and/or Near Field exploration opportunities within a play across the Gulf of Mexico, USA. .
- Provide high-quality comprehensive seismic interpretations, maps, volumetrics and risk assessments.
- As a member of an integrated prospect development team, assist moving prospects from drill-worthy to drill-ready status, working with well engineering, petrophysics, seismic processing and other key disciplines.
- Identify Lease Sale and potential farm-in opportunities.
- Propose new acquisition and reprocessing of seismic data. Assist in improving imaging/reprocessing workflows for sub-salt prospect evaluations.
- Build accurate time /depth models, integrate well to seismic data and develop Quantitative Interpretation workflows where appropriate.
- Apply play-based exploration methods, integrating the regional geological framework with prospect/lead evaluations, leading to informed, timely and actionable recommendations for investment with critical risks and uncertainties clearly identified.
- Deliver to our standards and assurance processes; develop skill in HSSE best practices and exercise accountability where appropriate.
- Gulf of Mexico exploration experience is preferable
- Skill in 2D/3D seismic interpretation, ArcGIS, and prospect maturation.
- Knowledge in subsalt interpretation and related processing and acquisition techniques.
- Knowledge in building cohesive, fully integrated geological/geophysical models
- Knowledge of seismic acquisition, processing, and potential fields.
- Knowledge of deepwater sandstone and carbonate plays is desirable.
- Comfortable working with ambiguous, and often times complex data.
- Effective communication skills, a team player, and a proven track record working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Minimum of 5 years exploration experience, preferably in an operating environment.
- Minimum of first degree in Geophysics. MSc or PhD. in Geoscience subject
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available