Updated: Jun 11 2012
||Client Representative, HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Training Rep
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client, an international major oil and gas operator, seeks an HSE Coach- Offshore Construction support to join their team.
To provide onsite Operational HSE Support
To work together with the construction lead on assigned projects for HSE improvement needs for items such as HSE work plans, safety training, Permit to Work processes, JSA processes, risk/hazard assessment, accident investigation and onsite inspection.
Position description - Accountabilities:
-Functionally report to the Construction Safety Manager - Upstream Major Projects and be part of the Construction Safety Support Team with daily report to the Site Construction/Project Lead.
-The work scope is to provide Health, Safety and Environmental coaching on the deck activities associated with the dive work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist on HSE work plan development.
- Provide onsite safety training for items including but not limited to Site orientation, Energy Isolation, Lifting & Hoisting, Confined Space Entry, Hazard Communication, Environmental procedures and Spill Control, Hot Work Procedures, Working at Heights/Scaffolding.
- Participate and provide guidance on the Permit to Work process.
- QA/QC of the JSA process
- Provide onsite coaching, consulting, inspection of the construction work.
- Assist the construction team on assigned projects with HSE records and statistics.
- Participate in evaluation of HSE performance of contractors andthe client team and recommend improvement alternatives where necessary.
- A key requirement will be to target 80% of time with the construction workers when assigned to a location. (Minimize office type work).
Qualifications, Certifications and Experience
Experience and Qualifications required
1. Excellent planner and organizer.
2. Effective oral and written communicator with all levels in the organization.
3. Independent, objective and decisive.
4. Understands management systems and processes.
5. Determine root cause(s) of problems.
6. Effectively lead and/or participate in diverse teams.
7. Discern the applicability of HS&E laws and regulations
8. Independent use personal computing applications, e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
9. Must have current TWIC card, Safegulf training, HUET certification
1. At least 10 years working experience in the EP industry with prior HSE experience
2. Technical (including HS&E) and operations assignments.
3. Prior experience in Hazard assessment/Risk assessment processes.
4. Applying HS&E statutes and regulations and company HS&E standards.
5. Supervisory assignment desired but not required.
6. Construction (offshore or onshore) experience desired.
Additional comments Other Capabilities;
1. 14 days on / 7 days off rotational work schedule.
2. Climbing involved and wear protective clothing and equipment on both offshore and onshore construction site environments.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available