Updated: Apr 9 2012
||Instrument & Controls Engineer, QA / QC / Inspection
||Seattle, WA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
E & l Verification Inspector
Roles/Responsibilities Qualifications, Certifications and Experience
• High level field verification and witnessing of all electrical and control work including installation of cable trays and associated wiring, installation of all electrical equipment, termination of all wiring in accordance with the Contractor's specifications
• Verifying class of equipment to area classification
• High level monitoring quality of installation
• Familiarizing self with the drawings, specifications, preservation requirements and storage requirements for all electrical equipment. Clarify design and specification issues with the design team.
• Monitoring and documentation of all electrical Testing and Calibration records
• High level review of commissioning procedures
• For all of the above identification of serious errors and/or omissions in Contractor's work
• Knowledge of Contractor' QA/QC manual
• Oversee the IE phase of the project schedule and monitor planned activities to ensure a timely completion.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in the installation and inspection and testing of E&I systems in O&G Sector, of which 5 years shall be as an Inspector, Superintendant or Foremen overseeing IE construction crews.
• High regards for HSE and familiar with industry safe work practices/procedures
• Be familiar with electrical codes and fabrication practices including:
• Electric Code ( NEC & IEEE)
• Underwriters Laboratories Standards
• National Electrical Manufacturers Association Standard
• National Fire Protection Association standards
• Instrument Society of America Recommended Practices and Standards
• Shell Instrumentation Specifications
• DnV, MODU and IMO Specifications
• Past experience with E&P project Electrical Specifications
• Be able to read, interpret and understand drawing and schematics
• Hands on Experience with Commissioning activities
• English as a primary language
• Strong Documentation skills
• Competent computer skills in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Competent People and Communications skills - Able to interact with a diverse team
• Familiar with crew make-up and job/task progressing and scheduling
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available