Updated: Apr 4 2012
||Research & Development
||Houston, Channelview, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Position Title: Manager, PO Catalyst R&D
The PO Catalyst R&D manager provides leadership and direction to a team of researchers and technicians to identify, develop and industrialize new catalysts to reduce costs (CAPEX and OPEX) for the production of Propylene Oxide (PO). The manager also is responsible for driving continuous improvement (cost reduction and or efficiency improvements) in the performance of existing catalysts used commercially to produce PO.
• Provide leadership and direction to a group of 3 - 4 professionals and 4 - 5 technicians. Coach and develop team members.
• Develop strong working relationships with universities and 3rd party catalyst and technology providers to support the group's efforts to identify, develop and implement new and improved catalysts.
• Champion strong HSE performance of group.
• Manage group budget.
• Develop strong working relationships with manufacturing, engineering and the business center.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• PhD in Inorganic Chemistry, with 10+ years of industrial experience in PO catalysis, with a proven track record of successful industrializations.
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience in PO catalysis.
• Results orientation.
• Ability to solve complex problems.
• Ability to influence others with R&D as well as outside R&D (engineering, manufacturing and commercial organizations)
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available