Updated: Jun 18 2012
||Heavy Machinery Operator
||George West, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Tank Truck Driver drives and operates the Tank Truck, hauling various oil field related fluids. These fluids are picked up at various oil field well servicing, drilling or production locations within the work area and transported to other various locations. These fluids include fresh water, brine (salt) water of various weights, KCL water and various drilling fluids. All duties of the Tank Truck Driver are to be performed according to the Company operating procedures in order to maximize the safety of all personnel at the worksite and to efficiently perform the task.
- The Tank Truck Driver drives the Tank Truck to the location to load fluids as required for the job. Opens valves used to load fluid from the station to the truck with the use of the truck's transfer pump. This position requires the employee to pull hose from the truck's hose tray and connect one end of the hose to the truck and the other end to the load valve. The position is required to monitor the amount of fluid required for the job based on the fluid requested by the customer, the amount of fluid the transport is lawfully allowed to haul, and other related requirements.
- The Tank Truck Driver is required to drive the truck to and from the loading station to the customers' location(s), disposal site(s), or back to the area office location. This position requires knowledge of all applicable DOT rules and regulations, and all job related Company, Local, State and Federal requirements.
- This position will require the truck driver to maintain accurate work tickets based on the Company's requirements, the work performed for the customer as well as the ability to maintain accurate driving log books, pre-trip/post-trip inspections and maintenance files on the vehicle. This position is responsible for alerting appropriate supervision when mechanical defects are noted on the truck as well as alerting supervision when work hours may exceed the DOT maximums.
- An understanding of basic maintenance concepts is required to perform light to heavy repairs as necessary. All brake work performed on the vehicle will require the driver to have the proper brake certification. The position requires the use of hand tools and other equipment associated with the vehicle.
- This position requires various types and levels of job related training with respect to the operation of the equipment, Company Standard Operating Procedures and other specialized training as required by regulatory agencies and the Company.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
- Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
- Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
- Pass the company's drug screen.
- Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment".
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
- This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
- While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
- Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company's Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company's Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must have a valid CDL A or B drivers license with the proper endorsements required for the type vehicle operated, issued by state of residence.
- Will be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays and nights as required for the position.
- Must have extensive tractor-trailer driving or heavy-haul off road trucking experience. Knowledge of oil field and related equipment associated with trucking of oil field fluids is preferred
- Must have the applicable knowledge of DOT rules and regulations as required for the position.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available