The Virtual Bench
Updated: Nov 6 2012
||Geophysicist, sandstone, carbonate, deepwater, South America
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Virtual Bench is a premier recruiting and staffing firm focused on providing quality engineering candidates to some of the top firms in the industry. Our client, one of the major global energy companies, is looking for a staff geophysicist. They offer great compensation and benefits, superior technology, and an excellent team environment.
Have current residence in the US (those living in Canada, Mexico or other places outside the US will NOT be considered). Due to large numbers of candidates ignoring this requirement, those in violation will be reported to Rigzone.
have either a US citizenship or Green Card
meet the requirements specified below
***Before you apply, be sure that you are in compliance with the following:
Our client is one of the ''super major'' international O&G operators with an excellent reputation in Upstream operations. They offer an excellent compensation program that includes salary, bonuses, and ''best in industry'' benefits. Additionally, they provide a great work environment that includes some of the top professionals in the industry, innovative technology, support for employee development and career growth and a work/life balance.
Exploration and Commercial is accountable for exploration, commercial activities, new business development, hydrocarbon maturation, governance of Joint Ventures for Liquified Natural Gas (LNG), wind operations and governance of South American mid-stream assets.
- Member of Columbia/Guyanas team are responsible for conducting regional studies in the western South Atlantic basin, a region extending from Columbia to Brazil
- Build integrated geological frameworks for basin and play evaluation
- Build accurate Time /Depth models, integrate well to seismic data and develop Quantitative Interpretation workflows
- Ability to derive critical data for accurate definition of hydrocarbon potential and be able to describe critical risks and uncertainties
- Propose and manage new acquisition and reprocessing of seismic data
- Propose data acquisition and studies required to mature and develop plays and prospects
- Integrate data, knowledge and information from different sources to generate fully integrated subsurface models
- Deliver to company's standards and assurance processes
- A working knowledge of deepwater Sandstone and Carbonate plays
- Experience from working in South American offshore basins preferable
- Experience with Play Based Exploration, 2D/3D Interpretation and Prospect maturation
- Knowledge of seismic acquisition, processing and potential fields
- The candidate must have strong communication skills and be able to interface with across many disciplines
- Strong team player
- Minimum of 10 years experience, preferably in an operating environment
- Minimum of first degree in Geophysics
- MSc or PhD. in Geoscience subject
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available