Updated: Oct 25 2012
||Chemical Engineering, Facilities Engineer, Petroleum Engineering, Production, Installation, Subsea, Platform, Topside, Design
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||120-140K / $65-75/hr
||Houston, TX, US
||Sr. Facility Eng_dwLK
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Sr. Facility Engineer ~ Houston, TX
- Looking for an Upstream Senior Facility Engineer to work in our Topside Facility Group in Houston.
- We have a series of opportunities for onshore upstream gas processing facilities.
- These opportunities range from development of standards, verification services, to detailed engineering.
- We can place two 10+ year engineers and four 5+ year engineers that have relevant experience.
- The ideal candidates will have a hybrid process/mechanical background and will be experienced with flarenet and HYSYS modeling.
- They may also be required to go to the field to gather information and will most likely be interfacing with the client.
- Performs process and/or mechanical design of oil and gas production facilities, including new installations as well as upgrades and retrofits to existing terminals, platforms and subsea tie backs.
- Projects that the Facilities could be involved in include: Conceptual engineering for new field or plant developments. Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) and Detailed Engineering for equipment additions such as production separators, oil treaters, storage tanks, pumps and gas compressors on new and existing platforms, Subsea tie backs in deepwater.
- Design of related process and utility systems. Piping system design.
- Safety and control system philosophy, and process philosophy.
- Must have a BS degree or higher in Chemical, Mechanical, or Petroleum Engineering.
- Requires 10+ years experience in engineering design and/or project management of offshore oil and gas facilities.
- P.E. License preferred.
- Familiar with all engineering and design requirements for projects, including client provided specifications and all applicable codes and standards.
- Requires knowledge of codes and standards associated with oil and gas production facilities and equipment installations (e.g. API, NFPA, NEMA, ASME).
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Assignments will vary depending on the nature of projects received from clients and candidate's applicable work experience, expertise and proficiency.
- Perform sizing calculations for process equipment, process lines
- Perform sizing of utility systems
- Perform hydraulic studies, and piping flexibility analyses
- Perform troubleshooting and/or de-bottlenecking of existing facilities to optimize production
- Perform engineering studies
- Develop safety flow diagrams
- Develop of Safe Charts
- Develop P&ID's or mechanical flow sheets
- Develop equipment arrangements
- Develop engineering reports and associated spreadsheets
- Develop or alter standard project specifications to meet specific project requirements.
- Develop chemical injection systems for subsea wells
- Prepare processing equipment specifications, data sheets and bid drawings
- Prepare package data sheets for chemical injection, vent, utility and firewater systems
- Prepare vessel, pipe, valve, and specialty items specifications
- Coordinate with piping designers and monitors project status
- Review of skid design and piping system
- Review and comment on 3D models
- Coordinate with client and attend project meetings as needed
- Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure an integrated design that meets the project requirements.
- Coordinate procurement activities
- Review and approve vendor quotations, drawings, and related submittals
- Provide Project Management and Client interface
- Pay Rate: $65-70/hr
- Annual Salary: 120-140K
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available