Green Field Energy Services
Updated: Jun 18 2012
||San Antonio, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Summary: Support well site and assemble operations for specified role. Operates a company vehicle on a daily basis between district and work site to deliver products, service tools, and equipment.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
• Personal knowledge and compliance with all company safety policies and procedures
• Promote ethical behavior in all aspects of the business and lead by example
• Promote operational policies, procedures and standards
• Ability to work flexible work schedule, including long and/or irregular hours
• Must have a telephone or pager and the ability to be on 24 hour call
• Ability to and willingness to comply with DOT Regulations and Health Requirements
• Communicate effectively with Supervisor in planning and execution of services.
• Maintain safety standards at all times; shop, yard, location and while traveling.
• Keep paper work current; maintenance sheets, fuel logs, log books, pre/post trips.
• Responsible in maintaining and helping with repairing of equipment.
• Ability to learn the disciplines of driving and rigging up equipment on location.
• Ability to verbally communicate and understand details and directions.
• Report all hazards or potentially hazardous situations to the Supervisor.
• Ability to proficiently operate all equipment on location including auxiliary equipment, knowledgeable and understand performances of all job duties on location.
• Good understanding of the hazmat table, knowing and understanding the bill of lading and knowing what how to use the placards.
• Ensure proper amount of water and quality of water through field testing.
• Conduct field test on water, testing for Iron, Chlorites, Sulfates, Calcium Carbonates, PH, Specific Gravity, and Temperature and properly record and report findings.
• Run tests on chemicals and acid delivered to site. Record amount of Chemicals acid and additives delivered to location. Using measured amounts from equipment operator.
• Titrate HCL to determine strength of acids mixed or delivered on location, following titration methods in QA/QC Manual. Use proper PPE at all times.
• If on a location that is requiring a complex fluid follow recipe for the fluid and test for viscosity, PH, Hydration times, XL and breaker tests. Record all data and changes made.
• Test sands and record sieve analysis in QA/QC Pre-Job report.
• Record amounts of sands delivered to location, bill of lading information, and which sand can and compartment delivered to.
• Deliver recipe Chemical Loadings to site engineer, and job supervisor.
o Duties while pumping:
Ensure proper mixing of complex fluids, check quality of linear and crosslink fluids report and adjust as necessary to ensure highest quality and consistency.
Checking PH and viscosity of linear gel from the discharge manifold of the hydration unit using a PH meter or strips and a Fann 35 viscometer.
Check Crosslink fluids for surface and delayed reactions (heat activated delay) testing fluids from the discharge manifold (low pressure) or low pressure side of the missile. Report discrepancies immediately and make adjustments.
Track chemical on site and ensure proper amounts are used during the job. (Work with equipment operator to ensure quality and quantity used.)
o Post stage/Post Job duties:
Get a final amount of all chemicals, additives and acid used during stage and record it in QA/QC post job report.
Report all final amounts and discrepancies to site engineer, and job supervisor.
Ensure proper amounts of water, sand, and chemicals are available and on location for the next stage. Begin stage pre-job report.
CLEAN ALL EQUIPMENT AS YOU GO, YOUR EQUIPMENT IS YOUR BABY TREAT IT AS SUCH. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LAB TRAILER, EQUIPMENT, AND MEANS OF TRANSPORTING THESE ITEMS TO AND FROM THE JOB SITE.
Education and/or Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 1-3 years Fracturing/ Stimulation experience in service company or oilfield operating company
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid Commercial Operator's license or the ability to obtain one and a satisfactory driving record
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to maintain friendly and effective contact with employees, vendors, customers of the company, members of the community, and employees of other affiliated companies, departments or divisions.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available