Updated: Jan 14 2013
||Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Rosharon, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
We're the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We're also a leading employer in our sectorwith a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding careerlong development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today's industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that's embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you. We are looking for a Design Engineer to join our Technology Center in Rosharon, TX.
- Orchestrate design engineering activities to penetrate new markets or maintain key customers.
- Coordinate and plan activities of cross functional groups (Supply Chain, Field Engineering, Materials & Reliability Engineering, and Sales Representatives) to assure customer's needs are satisfied.
- Visit customer sites to support product development and field performance issues.
- Visit manufacturing sites to provide product line support.
- Lead or support market driven R&D projects.
- Provide logistical support to maintain or improve existing functional engineering systems.
- Responsible for coordination, assignment and execution of iterative design changes.
- Support continuous improvement and quality activities at manufacturing sites.
- Lead or support resolution of product performance issues.
The successful candidate will possess a good fundamental background in basic mechanical engineering disciplines along with the following:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 0-5 years of design engineering experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Prior ProE Experienceli>
- Experience in design for manufacturing is a plus
Schlumberger is an equal opportunity employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available