Updated: Apr 23 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||El Segundo, CA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
We are seeking a DCS Lead Systems Engineer for our El Segundo, CA facility.
Honeywell International (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. It generated $33.4 billion in sales in 2010 and currently employs 130,000 people in 100 countries. The company has a demonstrated heritage of innovation and achievement.
Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). HPS improves the safety, reliability, efficiency and sustainability of industrial facilities on every continent around the world. With more than 12,000 employees in 120 countries, HPS offers a full range of industry-leading automation and control solutions and advanced software applications to key vertical industries, including oil & gas, mining, refining, pulp & paper, power, chemical, and life sciences.
Responsible for leading Experion PKS (EPKS) Distributed Control System (DCS) engineering projects in the Los Angeles area and beyond. Design, install and test sophisticated automation systems in industrial environments leading to improvements in the facility's quality, efficiency & production. Develop new control strategies in order to minimize environmental impact. Create procedures & minimize down time during facility shutdowns. Perform required integration of multiple automated systems. Estimate man-hours required for work packages, requisition hardware & software needed, perform hardware & software integration, configure system instrument databases & control system custom graphics & reports, write and perform commissioning tests, and help manage the project schedule, resources, & budgets.
• Team leadership for EPKS engineering projects design, manufacture and testing/commissioning
• Conducting systems analysis of existing DCS installations, which the candidate must reverse engineer and provide replacement designs for; then plan and execute replacement system based around customer needs
• Providing guidance to the technology selection process for replacement equipment and software
• Documenting and presenting engineering study results to internal and external customers
Key Success Abilities and Attributes:
• Evaluates, defines and communicates the optimal technical solution relative to the next best alternative
• Assesses customer value proposition
• Motivates and leads cross-functional teams using interpersonal skills
• Takes prudent risks, use appropriate assertiveness, resolve conflict tactfully and effectively
• Displays intense commitment and sense of urgency to achieve Honeywell's strategic goals, driven to exceed customer expectations
• Communicates and listens effectively
• Strong decision-making capability, even with limited or ambiguous information
• BS Engineering.
• 10 years of experience including hands on utilization of P3 or other similar scheduling tool during the last 2 years.
• 5 years of project managing $1M to $10M multi-discipline automation projects.
• Ability to lead teams of process control engineers.
• Track record of successfully managing remote teams.
• Honeywell Experion PKS control systems experience a plus.
• Experience on multiple E&I and construction projects in the $1M to $5M range.
• Ability to meet the safety/security certification requirements to work in industrial facilities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available