Updated: Dec 27 2012
||Gas Plant Operations, Refinery / Plant Operator, Plant Operator
||Kemper County, MS, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Plant Operator/Technician - Gasification Technician
Kemper County Generating Facility, a state of the art IGCC Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) power production plant located in Kemper County, MS, is currently seeking candidates for the position of Gasification Technician. Selected candidates for this position will be responsible for operating and maintaining the gasification power train, syngas clean-up, chemical product production and associated gasification island balance of plant equipment at the Generating Facility. This person will need to possess operational, electrical and skills and relevant experience.
This position has responsibilities that cover all areas of the plant including operating the process equipment, monitoring, troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing the equipment.
Educational Requirements, Job Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Safe work mindset and behaviors
- Chemical Process Technology 2 year degree preferred
- Minimum of five years IGCC, chemical or refinery industry experience
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical equipment
- Excellent leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Must be able to support a 24x7 work schedule including holidays and overtime when necessary
- Apply independent judgment and direction in the assignment of other employees and in the performance of work tasks and activities
- Responsible for effective performance management of team members including goal setting, training, coaching and giving feedback
- Operate & maintain all equipment associated with the plant. Specifically the gasification power train, syngas clean-up, chemical product production and associated gasification island balance of plant equipment.
- Monitor and troubleshoot the gasification processes and respond to emergency situations
- Monitor environmental requirements & emissions while maintaining compliance
- Gasification Technicians will be required to certify and maintain certification in the gasification process unit operations along with fully qualified control board operations
- Gasification Technicians are required to certify and maintain certification in emergency response skill applications including fire brigade, first responder, HAZMAT and aerial rescue
- Perform real-time equipment assessments and perform any necessary corrective action
- Perform preventive & corrective maintenance
- Participate in all aspects of plant outages (planning, contract administration, various maintenance activities, etc.)
- Perform electrical and mechanical maintenance
- Support Instrument & Controls work
- Relocation assistance will be offered
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available