Updated: Jul 20 2012
||Document Control, Geoscience Technician
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Dallas, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Have team management skills, plus experience with technical data and information projects for exploration and production.
• IT problem solving skills; experience with Linux, relational databases, client-server architectures, PETRA, ARIES and Petrel preferred.
• Working knowledge of cartography and geodesy, Web applications and technologies
• Understanding of data management for all petrotechnical data (Seismic, Well logs etc)
• Earth sciences background and expertise in the use of Geoframe, Petrel, Recall and Seabed.
• Advanced knowledge of seismic data and well based data types.
• Support geoscience and engineering staff.
• Receive all incoming digital and physical data, records, QCs, and publish them to the designated database.
• Responsible for ensuring the ''safekeeping'' of the data.
• Coordinate all data movement in and out of an asset.
• Track datasets, including arrival of new data.
• Support database and application maintenance.
• Adhere to data standards and processes for well and seismic data
• Act as a data management 'helpdesk' for users in the team.
• Make recommendations for improvements to tools and processes.
• Support data sharing in the team.
• Define and run data management adherence and quality reports
• Plan demand forecasting, including disk capacity planning.
• Act as a point of communication and assurance on data QC, validation, movements, data repositories and information systems - between users, data suppliers and technology providers.
This is a 6-12 month contract assignment in Dallas, Texas.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
Oilfield Production Consultants (OPC) has a 20 year history of service to the industry, with headquarters in London and offices in Houston, Aberdeen, Kazakhstan and Qatar. Our services include contract and direct placement, training, consulting, projects and studies, field development, reservoir evaluations, reservoir engineering support, well development and testing, completion strategies, sand control and acid evaluations.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available