Updated: May 3 2013
||Dynamic Position Officer
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Active / Open
DPO (Third Mate / Officer)
• Reports to:
Master (DP and Navigation)
Chief Mate (Deck Maintenance)
• In-direct Reports
• Comply with all Ensco HSE policies as outlined in Ensco's QSMS document.
• Assist in the maintenance of the deck and lifesaving equipment.
• Responsible for the assisting with the maintenance of the lifesaving equipment..
• Responsible for the navigational watch or DP watch, when assigned.
• Maintain maintenance records and documents in accordance with Maintenance Program.
• Evaluate direct reports.
• Monitor and promote the competency program for the deck department.
• Responsible for planning drills and emergency training.
• Responsible for monitoring supply vessel operations.
• Responsible for log entries associated with navigation, weather, Dynamic Positioning, transponder information.
• Chart corrections and marine notices maintenance.
• Responsible to support the Master for the implementation and practice of the Permit to Work System, as Permit Coordinator.
• Responsible for ensuring that his/her Certificate's of Competency and Medical are kept current.
• Keep written hand-over notes to ensure efficient and accurate transfer of information.
• Attend Company training as outlined in the Training Matrix for Deep Water GOM
• Responsible for ordering materials for Marine Department.
• Certificate of Competence commensurate with national license requirements endorsed to STCW 95 convention (including amendments).
• Flag state licenses endorsements and medical certification where applicable.
• Medical: Commensurate with national license requirements.
• Training as per STCW 95 convention (including amendments)
• DP Operator Certificate (Class 3).
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Location: North America