Updated: Jan 18 2012
||Odessa, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Thru-Tubing Tools Specialist
At Baker Hughes the purpose of this position is to, under minimal supervision, run multiple applications of medium to high risk in the Wellbore Intervention Product Group.
- Continues to expand and apply application knowledge and expertise to include applications of increasing complexity and/or risk in Wellbore Intervention and/or other product groups.
- Ensures supplied equipment is compatible with all other equipment used for job.
- Provides front-line support with customer and accurately completes all paperwork prior to or upon completion of job.
- Uses experience and knowledge of applications to ensure products and services are of highest quality.
- May conduct on-the-job training for some Wellbore Intervention applications as required.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Coil tubing and/or service rig experience
- Competent in running multiple medium to high risk applications in the Wellbore Intervention Product Group.
- May be competent in running low to medium risk applications in other product groups.
- Thorough knowledge of drilling and completion techniques and drilling/work over rig operations.
- Thorough mechanical and application proficiency with Wellbore Intervention products in at least one product line.
- Ability to work well and communicate well with others.
- Ability to be on 24 hour call with no fixed rotation
- Well service industry experience
- Good problem solving skills
- General knowledge of well intervention techniques and operations.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Industry experience and product line training required.
- Experience in the running of down hole Fishing and Intervention tools.
- Previous experience with Coiled Tubing and Thru Tubing operations.
- Two year Technical Degree preferred.
Baker Hughes serves the worldwide oil and natural gas industry with reservoir consulting and products and services for drilling, formation evaluation, completion and production. We are a leading provider of high-performance technology that creates value from oil and gas reservoirs. Virtually every product and service we provide is designed to lower costs, reduce risk or improve productivity during activities directly related to hydrocarbon extraction, advancing reservoir performance.
Baker Hughes operates in over 90 countries serving independent, international and national oil companies. Our service network is organized into 23 geomarkets operating in 9 regions and 2 hemispheres. Region and geomarket management teams work to understand customer needs and coordinate delivery of individual products and comprehensive service solutions that include the right Baker Hughes technologies for the project.
At Baker Hughes we make a commitment to the success of each individual team member. We offer benefits to chart your career path such as training, specialty assignments, cross-functional team projects, and much more. Additionally, Baker Hughes offers you the flexibility - and opportunities - you need to achieve your career goals.
For this position, we are seeking candidates who have permanent work authorization in the United States. If you do not have current eligibility to work in The United States, then please visit our website www.bakerhughes.com/careers and explore one of the many other opportunities that we have to offer in other locations that you may be eligible for.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available