Pacific Drilling has an immediate opening for a Sr. Subsea Supervisor.
The Senior Subsea Supervisor has responsibility for installation, monitor, troubleshoot, maintain and repair of Well?]control related equipment, mechanical and hydraulic as (but not limited to) the BOP stack and controls, Choke and Kill Manifold and piping, Riser systems, Compensating equipment as CMC and MRT's and all related piping, valves and control mechanisms.
The Sr. Subsea Supervisor communicates regularly with other departments (ET, drilling, marine) as well as the Offshore
Installation Manager, client and onshore field support to ensure maximum efficiency and preservation of the subsea related assets onboard.
1. Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards and applicable process documentation.
2. Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers focusing on doing things right first time, every time and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
3. Act as a Safety Leader ensuring constant identification of hazards and enforce the Vessels Safety Management System onboard.
4. Develop, train and mentor subordinates and newly appointed team members.
5. Plan and Supervise Running and Pulling the Riser and BOP as operations permit.
6. Plan and Supervise the Maintenance of Well Control related equipment including the BOP, Control System, Marine Riser and Tensioning System, the CMC/ AHC, Choke Manifold and the High Pressure Air System onboard. Ensure equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable condition and repair if required, while ensuring that only OEM tools and parts are used.
7. Carry out regular testing of the BOP and Control System including function and pressure testing operations. These must comply with Company Policy and Safety Procedures/ Regulations.
8. Plan and Supervise the operation and maintenance of Subsea Auxiliary equipment onboard i.e.:
Running Tools, Bop Cranes, X?]Mas Tree and BOP Transporters.
9. Monitor the inventory of all spares and operating fluids (ensuring the correct component/model and sizing) required for all Subsea related equipment onboard.
10. Ensure replacement parts are kept to an optimum stock level, spot check inventory levels.
11. Coordinate planning and execution of preventative maintenance with a minimum of 6?]week overview to cover current hitch and half of back?]to back hitch, keeping an updated and accurate historical record of all maintenance done as well as all equipment certification documents.
12. Comprehend engineering drawings and hydraulic schematics. If any alterations are required, confirmation must be obtained and coordinate changes through the Subsea Manager.
13. Equipment failure is properly investigated and solutions are proposed to prevent recurrence.
14. Openly communicate with all departments, client and service partners as required.
15. Must be able to perform all Subsea Calculations including Riser Space?]out, MRT Ton Cycles, Riser Tension calculations, Subsea Useable Fluid Capacities etc.
16. Develop and implement Work Instructionsand conduct Safety Audits as operations permits.
17. Performs or witness measurements of Service Partners provided Subsea related equipment prior to submerse. Ensure capability with equipment it may be connected to.
18. Clearly and accurately communicate work status at end of shift and end of hitch handovers.
1. High school or equivalent
2. Technical (mechanics / hydraulics) qualification /license (desirable)
3. A minimum of 5 years experience in the subsea department
4. Fluent English communication skills, both written and oral